Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dunnowhat2do7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2011, 07:33 AM
    I think my boyfriend of 4 years might be messing around w/ his gay best friend
    Hi,
    I ve been with my boyfriend 4 years this summer. His has a father to my daughter and we do EVERYTHING together like a normal family would. Vacations, family parties, daddy daughter nights, etc. We became friends with a gay guy about a year and a half ago. We were all close and hung out a lot for a while. Eventually my boyfriend just started going there once school started just to have a guy's night once a week or less. But, lately, within the past 6 months the friend has been clingy and trying to leave me out of stuff. He even took my boyfriend on a vacation for a weekend to just get away for a bit. On this trip our 'friend' got all crazy and kicked my boyfriend out of the hotel and he had to take a early flight home because another room would've been too expensive.
    After this, I told him my worries and we decided together (mostly him) that we were not going to have anything to do with this friend anymore. We blocked his number and ignored him when he came around. But I was looking for a coupon in my boyfriend email (with his permission) and found out that they had started talking again behind my back. When I've asked my boyfriend if he's heard from him, he says 'not really. He sent some stuff but I ignore it'. (I didn't tell him I saw the email) just the other day I decided to look again. And I saw an email that scared me.
    The email was the friend asking if he told me that they've been talking again. And saying sorry for everything and that he just wants to start over with a new beginning, No more messing around. "Just Friends now" and that he promised he wouldn't breath a word of what happened to anyone.
    I don't know what to do. I don't want to tear my family apart, but this is really hurting me inside. Help!:confused:
    adviceishere Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 492
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2011, 08:04 AM
    At first I thought maybe you were just being paranoid but that email would scare me too! You need to confront your partner face to face and have that email as evidence. Maybe, just maybe there is a perfectly reasonable explanation as to what he means by not telling any one what happened between them...
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

May 19, 2011, 08:13 AM

When you snoop, you often find out things you wish you hadn't.

You need to tell him what you saw, and ask for an explanation.

Then you need to decide whether you can trust him again.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

May 19, 2011, 09:59 AM

You have to tell him you snooped-then ask him what's going on.

You have your child to look out for,so the situation needs sorting out.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 19, 2011, 11:55 AM

Start with being honest about how you came by your info, and hope he is just as honest about his explanation.

I would be scared, and SHOCKED also if I were in your shoes.
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2011, 02:39 PM
    Very shocking email to find... however, you should have not snooping around, especially twice. Confront him about it nicely (he might be more sensitive than you know ;) ) and see what he says, maybe it is just a misunderstanding.

Good Luck,
    Javi
    Shadowburn Posts: 249, Reputation: 179

May 21, 2011, 09:30 AM

Wow. "Just friends", no "messing around anymore", and won't say a word about "what happened" on a getaway weekend and while staying together in the same hotel room. There is no other explanation except for the very obvious.
    You probably wish now you haven't snooped, but what's done is done.
    Can you continue on with your relationship, knowing what you know now?
    supbra Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2012, 07:46 AM
    Listen, we live in a culture that is VERY excepting of women on women experimenting. Go to any bar/party and you'll see two girls making out and a bunch of guys high 5ing! Girl on girl is in movies, music videos. Ads and reality television. That said, just as enjoyable as female same sex is, SO IS MALE ON MALE! Big shocker?? Catch your breath now. Just as many women who fall into the sexual "gray area" there are almost as many men. But Unfortunately we have to be on the low low about it! Especially if we want to continue a "heterosexual" life. So women get to enjoy the touch of another woman but are welcomed back to straightville with open arms?? Guys get in touch with sex at an age where their counter parts (girls) find the thought of sex gross or funny. Thus leaving many guys to experiment with their buddies and best friends. So truth is we end up having an amazing (and extremely secret) experience. So even after finding the right girl and falling in love, we'll never fully erase our past. Again, you as a female you are allowed to float back and forth. We deserve the same right and acceptance!! Even if your a girl who is not that into other women, you've pretended to be to excite a guy! (admit it) Just know we guys will get ours!! And thanks to this repressive double standard society, we've become experts at doing it with out getting caught! Lmfao! To your man... Just as a woman knows a woman's body a guy will always know how to get you off wayyyyyy better! Do you bro!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Help I think my boyfriend of 10 years is gay! [ 12 Answers ]

I really think my boyfriend is down low. I have been seeing signs. He has a tattoo on his lower leg, he wears a earring in his left ear, he wears women deodorant,he carries eyedrops,uses chapstick, flexes in the mirror a lot and he has this male friend that when we are not together he is always...

Is my friend gay? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 28 year old friend who has been single for the past six years I know of. I have hooked him with some two hot girls, but he does not seem interested in them, and had rather work out with me in the gym than spend time with them. He never talks about girls, except the rare times he mentions...

Do I start with my gay friend or my gay friends crush? [ 4 Answers ]

How it happened: Me an my gay best friend Bill(names have been changed) are in the same class as his crush, Dave a feminine guy that everyone likes. He's funny an the perfect guy bill has been waiting for(he tells me but I've heard it before:rolleyes: ) and when bill gets giddy I get giddy. ...

View more questions Search