Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Devasted Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2011, 01:03 PM
    Do I keep trying to connect with my son?
    I got divorced when my sons were 15 and 12. With the advice of my lawyer I gave my older son the option of staying in the family home. I moved out with my younger son. A year and 1/2 later I got remarried to a wonderful intelligent man. My relationship went downhill with my son from then on. My ex is a very insecure vindictive person. Here we are 10 years later and he has not moved on a day. He has successfully turned my son against me. He lied to my sisters about me. I never felt the need to justify my move and they never asked me. Therefore they sided with him. They stepped over the line and have sided with him.My sisters and I no longer speak.When my son graduated high school and college I was not invited.I went anyway. My sisters sat with my son and my ex while I sat in the back with my other son. I have written, texted,sent b-day gifts, x-mas gifts and don't even get a thank you. I've written him him heart felt letters of my love for him. He thinks I left him. NEVER. I Love him with all my heart. My ex has brainwashed him. I am sick. I cry way too much. Many a nights my hub has held me while I sobbed. I'm lost as what else to do. Should I keep sending gifts? I've been told to stop. He has written me out of his life. Even typing this is killing me. Any sound advice? Devastated
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2011, 01:08 PM

Hello D:

Never give up on your children...

excon
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2011, 08:31 AM

I agree with excon. While it sounds like a horrible situation, and I can't think of much to do about it :( don't give up ever. He is an adult but still young, it took me until being almost 30 before I 'pulled my head out of my ars' and started to think for myself instead of those around me
    bamagurl64 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2011, 05:47 AM
    I can TOTALLY RELATE to you, only my situation is so much worse!! My ex-husband & his family have turned my two boys against me. I still have communication with my youngest 13 but my 16 year old has totally written me off, telling his friends horrible things about me (that he has heard from his father & his family!). I talked with my previous family counselor in the area and she stated last night, to continue to reach out... he may have written me off, but I don't have to write him off~sit down and write him notes confirming your love for him~Never Give Up on our children. They are old enough to know better, but it is REALLY SAD that grown adults use children's hearts to try and get back at us! We as mothers have UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. I would love to communicate more, as I am truly having a horrible time with my situation. Bamagurl64

Jan 12, 2011, 08:34 AM
    Comment on bamagurl64's post
    Thanks for responding. This is my first time ever reaching out like this. I am normally a strong person.I know how you feel. I am so thankful my 20 year has a good head on his shoulders. I never speak badly of their dad.It's too sad. Devaststed

Jan 12, 2011, 08:37 AM
    Comment on jenniepepsi's post
    People that suggest I stop w the gifts have not walked in my shoes. I will never stop trying. I love him too much.Thanks Jenniepepsi.

Jan 12, 2011, 08:38 AM
    Comment on excon's post
    I never will... but the hurt is aging and killing me.

Jan 12, 2011, 08:42 AM
    Comment on bamagurl64's post
    Anytime u need to talk bamagurl. I stay strong for my hub and other son,don't want to see them hurt because of me.This is what prompted me to join
    Here.. Needed to talk. Devastated
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2011, 11:40 AM

Never give up. If you've been wrong about any aspects, own up to it and apologize. Advise him in a letter that there are two sides to every story. Avoid bashing his father to him and just offer to share your side if he'd like to hear it now that he is an adult. Tell him you're proud of him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My son caught my Husband cheating and they got into a fight and my son hurt him bad ! [ 12 Answers ]

Let me start with I have been married 20 years ben together 23 years.Christmas night last year we had a bad bad snow storm I work about 1 hour away,We were suppose to all meet at my sister inlaws for Christmas night but my husband went to a friends close to home because of the storm my son was only...

The father of my son passed away and my new husband wants to adopt my son? [ 1 Answers ]

My son's father passed way almost two years ago. I just remarried and my new husband wants to adopt my son. My new husband has been taking care of my son like his own for a year now and my son just adores him and all ready calls him "Dad". We live in Illinois and just wanted to know where we...

Can I get custody of son if father leaves state and son stays here [ 20 Answers ]

My ex has residential custody of my 8 yeair old son. He is leaving to Texas in a few days. Ex put in a relocation and I am doing a objection. My ex is leaving my son here while he goes ahead and moves to see what the court decides. When ex leaves can I go to the courts and files a temp custody ?

I live in Florida and my fathers son is in Indiana does my son have to go there? [ 4 Answers ]

I moved to Florida 3yrs ago.. my sons father is in Indiana and has not been much in his life when he has been it has been heartache for my little boy... so much to the point I have him in thearpy... and he has been bakeracked... now out of the blue my sons father wants to go to court to get...

Desktop will not connect to LAN on one particular outlet, but other PCs will connect [ 1 Answers ]

I am very puzzled and without a clue as why one of my PCs will fail ("A network cable is unplugged") to connect to my LAN using a particular outlet, but if I connect another PC, as a notebook, on the same outlet there are no LAN connection failures. Yet if I connect the desktop to another outlet,...

View more questions Search