Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2010, 09:38 AM
    How do I open the top
    I need to know how to open the top of this washer to get to the lid switch on the left #9.
    Does anyone know? I can't find a service manual any where.
    Name:  img047.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  83.5 KB
    shulta44 Posts: 97, Reputation: 4

Apr 28, 2010, 11:41 AM
    Use a puttty knife about 3 to 6 inches in from each front corner. There are two little metal clips that have to be pushed in. Then lift lid up. Hope this helps.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2010, 11:45 AM

Looks like you have two screws, Item #17 that has to be removed. Then, I would imagine, lift the back of the top of the washer.
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2010, 07:51 AM

Thanks guys, I got it open, now I just have to figure out why I have 3 wires instead of 2. Harder to bypass that way.
    Thanks again:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need to open top of Kenmore Elite Washer 11027062600 [ 0 Answers ]

I need to replace the springs on the tube of my Kenmore Washer but can't get the top open. If any one has a clue it would greatly be appreciated if you could giude me in the process

Trying to open top load Whirlpool Washer? [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to remove the lid switch in a washing machine.. Part # lsr8444lqo & I am trying to pry up the top with putty knife & pry bar & it will not open? Please help me out? Seabee Erik:(

Open top of washing machine (not lid) [ 2 Answers ]

I cannot get the top of my Sears Kenmore 300 washing machine to open. It isn't the lid. I need to raise the top to check for something interferring with the water going into the tub. Most washing tops have a thing on each side to push in and pop up the top. This one just sits there. Nothing...

Excel. Can't see the top of the file when open to move it lol [ 6 Answers ]

OK, this is a strange problem. I am not a novice.. I know Excel quite well but I have encountered this issue. So when I open this file (File A) maximized, it is fine. However, for this particular part of my job, I need 2 excel files open at the same time. So I stretch Excel out across my...

Maytag md5500 Open the top [ 1 Answers ]

I need to get to the outside of the drum of our Maytag md5500 dryer. I think that a coin has gotten into one of the bars that move the clothes inside the drum. The bars seem to be attached from outside the drum. How does the top come of?

View more questions Search