Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bk39 Posts: 72, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2010, 03:36 PM
    HP 5610 printer spooler
    I am unable to use my printer from the PC.
    It shows a window saying that "print spooler not running, restart spooler.
    I have restarted the printer several times, unplugged it, etc. with no luck.
    Can you suggest anything else to get it running from the PC.
    I can use it by manually doing it but it isd in a awkward place to keep doing it that way.
    What is the spooler and how do I restart it?
    Any ideas? Thanks.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 22, 2010, 04:21 PM

Print spooler is part of the OS not the printer. You might have it full of "jobs" that went uncompleted.

You can find your printer under control panel.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Printer spooler service keeps stopping [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I use win7 laptop computer. A weeks ago, my printer works properly. Recently, my printer does not work well.when I try to print my documents, a message appeared that the printer spooler is not working.so I follow the command from internet how to restart the printer spooler but the printer...

Printer spooler keeps stopping windows 7 from vista [ 2 Answers ]

I recently upgraded from windows Vista to Windows 7 ultimate. My printer spooler service is set to automatic but keeps stopping. As a result I can't install my printer or use network printers to print publicly. Is this a usual problem for computers from vista to 7?

Printer Spooler [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, I cannot seem to add a printer (add printer page is blank).. It says that printer spooler is not running when I put it up to run it says that it cannot run printer spooler on local computer... HELP!

Printer spooler [ 2 Answers ]

The printer spooler keeps off and below message displays. Please help me solve this problem. Thanks a lot. Spooler SubSystem App has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. SzAppName : spoolsv.exe szAppVer : 5.1.2600.5512 szModName : RK3STR.dll...

Printer spooler is not working [ 2 Answers ]

Windows 2003 server is a print server ,Connected to several printers Hp Laserjet. When we click on print ,it say printer spooler service is not running.I restarted the server still the same message , I went to service and started the service ,but unforunetly it stops the services as it own. Can...

View more questions Search