Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vpsi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2010, 01:49 PM
    Continuously on blower on heat pump
    My heat pump blower is on continuously and blows cold air into the room even if the thermostat is on heat and even if the thermostat's temperature is set higher than the target temperature.
    321543 Posts: 72, Reputation: 10

Jan 29, 2010, 02:38 PM

I am no expert. However, our home just had the same problem with it's unit. I paid for the Heat and Air pro's 75 dollars to just do a service call.

My news was not good. I was hopeing that it needed freon which may be the case.
    Only it was not. It is the Compressor. 1,700 for a repair, I do not have, for it to run awhile and break again, or 8,000 for a new system.
    Justin Orr Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2010, 06:56 PM

vpsi, what temp is it outside? Do you have an emergency heat setting on your thermostat? If you do, flick that on and let us know if warm air comes out
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 29, 2010, 07:34 PM
    Brand?

Exact model number?
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2010, 08:55 PM

Will the thermostat reach its target temp or is it losing ground? More info will help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heat pump running continuously. [ 14 Answers ]

I have my heat pump set at 68. Temps outside are 29 degrees and the heat pump is running constantly. Is this normal? We are new to heat pumps and are not use to the cool air it blows and the constant running during cooler weather.

Heat pump runs continuously [ 3 Answers ]

1)I live in the Raleigh, NC area. Is the heat pump still considered efficient when it continues to run, and if so, how? 2)At what temp should the heat strips usually be turned on?

Heat pump AHU fan runs continuously [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 12 year old Trane Xe1000 heat pump. Recently I noticed that the fan keeps running continuously even when the outside unit turns off. It's as if the tstat fan switch is set to On (it's not) instead of Auto. I tried a few things: 1) In the tstat (weathertron) I disconnected the fan...

Heat pump blower [ 1 Answers ]

I can't turn on the blower with the fan switch at the thermostat. It will sometimes come on automatically in auto position. The squirrel cage is very free. I can spin it. The heat strips turn on for the heat pump but the blower will not distribute the heat. Once in a while it will come on but not...

Heat Pump blower, and heat, won't turn off- not contr. Bd. [ 0 Answers ]

I've read about blowers (heat pump) that won't shut off, no matter what done to thermostat, and the cause typically being a faulty control board, and/or fan relay on contl. Board. I replaced board, as tech removed green wire to demonstrate it's fault (didn't turn blower off), but tried a brand new...

View more questions Search