Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reefer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2009, 06:15 PM
    Iron passing through filter
    I'm on a bored well approx 38 feet.There is iron present.I have installed a cartridge filter and 1mic filter before the Myers FE softener (for iron removal)with a water meter regenerating regularly
    This used to control staining.

Lately,Wolesley changed me to a new brand of cord filter,but we've also had excessive rain water this year.
    The components on the leaving side of the filter body are coated in iron and I'm getting the staining back on the tub(leaky diverter valve ;I'm working on it) dishwasher,and kitchen sink again.

Does anyone have a suggestion of a better filter to use or is that even my solution?
    xcountry292 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2009, 05:30 PM
    If your softner is able to remove iron which I dout, ( try a sanitizer manufacted by water right) put the 1 mic filter after the softner as a finisher. Your softner should be able to do the bulk of the iron removal. Good Luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2weeks late & passing passing clots [ 1 Answers ]

My period is weeks late and yesterday I had some bad cramping. I had some light bleeding & then I passed to large clots. I have never had any clots this size before. I am still bleeding. Is this just a late period or am I having a miscarriage ?

Mass of iron in iron tablets redox titrations [ 1 Answers ]

what is the equation for the rection between potassium permanganate and iron oxide in the redox titration to decipher percentage by mass of iron in iron tablets and how do I get the answer from my titration ressults? Cheers

Pump won't lite after cleaning filter and inner filter [ 1 Answers ]

Filter was complet mush and guk, also in the pump I took out and cleaned the screen , all good now, I primed filter and pump but still would not ignite. Blnk blk blk, after 3 second hold button furnace attempts then must hold for 30 secs to reset from lockout. SO after many attemps, "does it every...

Difference between Iron palm and iron fist [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone give me some info on the difference between Iron Palm and Iron Fist training? And also just some overall wushu reference pages and stuff would be appreciated.

View more questions Search