Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    msnellen82 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2009, 01:16 AM
    Trouble Connecting Hunter Thermostat.
    I just bought a Hunter digital thermostat.. Model 44155C. I am trying to switch my old York thermostat to this one. The york thermostat has 7 wires, none of them are labeled, and they just screw into different screws on the box. There is a white, dark blue, green, red, black, orange, and yellow. The Hunter digital thermostat calls for G, Rc, Rh, (theres a jumper between them), Y/O, W/B, Y1. I had the green in G, the jumper between rc, and rh, with red in Rh, yellow in Y/O and white in W/B, with nothing in Y1. When I turned the ac on though, it was pushing heat out, and not cooling.
    siberianair Posts: 360, Reputation: -4

Aug 3, 2009, 03:16 AM

First off you needed to label the wires with what they were connected to begin with. Second off you need to turn power off while replacing t stat so you don't blow transformer.

Now take the hunter off the wall. Take it back to wherever you got it. Than proceed directly to the honeywell tstats. Get one that works for your type of system gas or heatpump. If heat pump make sure you know if you need single, two or three stage heat and cooling.
    msnellen82 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2009, 06:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by siberianair View Post
    first off you needed to label the wires with what they were connected to begin with. second off you need to turn power off while replacing t stat so you dont blow transformer.

now take the hunter off the wall. take it back to wherever you got it. than proceed directly to the honeywell tstats. get one that works for your type of system gas or heatpump. if heat pump make sure you know if you need single, two or three stage heat and cooling.
    I had a feeling you were going to tell me to go get a honneywell.. So my boyfriend went to return the hunter this morning. The thing about the wires is, that none of them had any type of label on the york thermostat, and I can't find any manuals or instructions for it online.
    siberianair Posts: 360, Reputation: -4

Aug 3, 2009, 08:59 AM

Might have to go to furnace/air handler and remove panel and see what wires connect to what. Also most honeywells you might have to program weather it is o or b operation of reversing vale on heatpump.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2009, 04:23 PM
    Now take the hunter off the wall. Take it back to wherever you got it. Than proceed directly to the honeywell tstats. Get one that works for your type of system gas or heatpump. If heat pump make sure you know if you need single, two or three stage heat and cooling.

Couldn`t have said it better myself,, only next time tell them what kind of junk the have bought in a hunter tstat,, LOL,lol

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring codes from old Carrier thermostat to new Hunter thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

WIRING CODE HELP FOR THERMOSTAT I am in an office and have an old Carrier programmable thermostat which no longer works. I purchased a Hunter 44660 thermostat to replace. My problem is that the wiring codes on the previous thermostat do not match up the codes on the new thermostat. Codes and...

Connecting Hunter Model 44110 Digital Thermostat [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 15 year old house, with an original heating/AC system. I hoped to connect a new Hunter 5+2 model 44110 digital thermostat, but have run across one problem. The old Trane Thermostat has this information on it - Model AY28X105 30Volts A.C. 1.5 AMP with 5 wires, labelled G, Y, W, R, 2...

New Hunter Ceiling Fan connecting with Harbor Breeze Remote [ 7 Answers ]

Ok. Here is my situation. I have a new hunter ceiling fan. The box in the wall has a white, black, and red wire. I have attached the two green ground wires. The remote receiver has ac black and ac white on one side and white, black and blue on the other side. The fan has white, black and...

Connecting an old Honeywell to a Hunter 44660 [ 1 Answers ]

I want to replace my old Honeywell thermostat with a Hunter 44660 programmable thermostat but I am having problems connecting the wires. The codes on the old theromast do not match up with the codes on the new one. Old thermostate codes G=Green C=Black R=Pink Y=Yellow E=White WZ=Blue...

Hunter Fan Wiring Trouble? [ 3 Answers ]

I recently moved into a house with my two roomies. My father gave me a Hunter ceiling fan as one of my parting gifts, considering that the fan previous was piece of crap. The other day my one roommate and I attempted to put the fan up and were successful. However, it does not work. The wiring...

View more questions Search