Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lotte73 Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2009, 03:16 AM
    Bathing a puppy
    At what age should you give a puppy s bath? I have a 9 week old Shih Tzu, we collected her Sunday 26th July. She is very smelly and really want to give her a bath, but she has not had her 1st jab yet and I'm not really sure how to bathe her?

Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2009, 03:38 AM

You can bathe her now.

Don't fill your bath with water, what we do is just to put our pup in the bath and then get a hose attachment for your tap and let the water run just warm.
    Soak your dog with the warm water and then sit the hose down in the bath.

Lather up a little baby shampoo and then rinse.
    After this use a conditioner to help prevent tangles and rinse again.

Use a normal hairdryer and brush while you are drying.

Make sure she is completely dry before letting her go play so she doesn't catch a chill.

Do you know what is making her smell?
    Is she just dirty or is it more her breath?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 31, 2009, 03:39 AM

Hi Lotte, here is a step by step website on 'how to'. There are some very good steps to follow and I have read it through so yes, its good information:

www.the-puppy-dog-place.com/bathing-a-puppy
    Lotte73 Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2009, 12:46 PM

Thanks guys, all very helpful! X

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bathing my puppy [ 6 Answers ]

So I have a 9 month old morkie.. when I give him a bath... I don't really know how to clean his face so I just get a rag with water and wash his face down... because I don't want to get some in his eyes or in his mouth... or get water in his nose... so how would I do it?

Bathing puppy [ 3 Answers ]

I have an 8 month old morkie puppy... when I give him a bath I only use shampoo is that OK?

Dog bathing and rabies [ 3 Answers ]

My husband believes that bathing a dog in the early morning or when the sun is less or gone down a dog will not get rabies. If you bathe a dog in the afternoon or when there is a lot of sun, a dog will get rabies. I want to know if this is true or an old Mexican Superstition? In a way I don't...

Not bathing after sex [ 16 Answers ]

K I have a question I am a male and need to know if my girl friend is pragnant so I am 16 years old a need a answer k well me and my girl friend had sex Monday as we were going at it I had to so I pulled out but I don't know if it was in time I was not wereing a condum then she wants to go at it...

View more questions Search