Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tjove Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2009, 07:43 AM
    Weight training vs pilates
    I am 55, weight and height proportionate. I have been exercising consistently since my 20s. I want to have definition, not bulk. It certainly gets harder as you age and my skin isn't as, let's say, firm as it used to be. Is Pilates a better choice than weights, or should I alternate workouts? I have been alternating my weights with stationary bike riding but things continue to go southward.
    Thanks
    MoodsterMan Posts: 38, Reputation: 5
    -

Jun 15, 2009, 08:02 AM

Definition in your muscles is more apparent from having a low body fat percentage. You need to have a diet which will help lose any extra love handles you are carrying.

Pilates are good buy Weight lifting is better.

High repetitions (10+) is needed to create more definition. You should be doing about 4 sets of 10+ reps and it should be so easy that you can accomplish the last rep on your last set with ease.

Good luck and keep us informed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cardio vs weight training-which is more effective for quick weight loss? [ 4 Answers ]

I know most everyone makes a big deal about the "fat burning" cardio, but I also know that having a high % of lean muscle bumps up the metabolism, and burns fat faster. If you're working out hard with the weights, you are getting the old heart pumping too. What would be a good regimen for someone...

Weight loss and weight training [ 5 Answers ]

I need to lose 12 to 14 pounds I gained during the past months as a result of anxiety and not having the time to work out. I used to be fashion model thin, probably because of genes, but after having to eat precious little during a long stay in Thailand, I couldnīt eat the food there - I got...

Pilates Workout Information [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I was just looking for some feedback, suggestions etc about pilates... any information and help will be much appreciated.

Weight training [ 1 Answers ]

I am 46 years old. I have been weight trraining with medium weights for 2 years. Recently I have started getting a slight pain in my lower abs on the right side. Also a slight discomfort is felt at times in my right testicles and groin. Is this a kind of hernia? What exercises should I avoid to...

Weight training [ 1 Answers ]

I need some help. I have a bar with 4 weights. Two 15 lbs and two 4 lbs. I would like to tone up, build up my chest, become stronger then what I am now and just look bigger all together. I was wondering if its possible to achieve all this with what little weights I have. All I do now is have the...

View more questions Search