Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AandZ4ever Posts: 151, Reputation: 5
    -

Jan 26, 2009, 10:08 PM
    How do you get a date for a dance?
    I really like this guy jake but how do I get him to ask me to this dance? I don't speak to him that often and I just get shy. (read my other questions to understand). Its just that I haven't ever had a date but I'm only 16 and I wasn't allowed to date until 16! And my parents are on my case about it. How can I get that one exciting moment where I get a sign on my locker?
    godsbabygirl267 Posts: 175, Reputation: 11

Jan 28, 2009, 05:06 AM

Sometimes, life doesn't work out like we hope it will, and we have to mold our own destiny. Maybe you, being a strong girl, could ask him to the dance? I know it is unconventional, but sometimes, it takes the shock factor of "Wow! She asked ME, maybe she likes me more than I thought?" Good Luck!!
    jazmine16 Posts: 70, Reputation: 9

Jan 28, 2009, 05:27 AM

I read a book and it says there... our impatience not only costs us the beauty of friendship as singles; it can also place our future marriges on shaky ground.
    Build a deeper friendship with him. That would be a very good start.
    -

Jan 28, 2009, 10:04 PM

Thanks guys but I'm not going to ask him! That's insane and embarrassing. And as for making better friends with him I don't know how to do that,
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2009, 11:45 PM

Well, think of it this way...

If you don't ask him, some other girl might, and you'd be the one regretting this. What do you have to lose? He says no, then you move on. He says yes, then you go to the dance with him... right?
    -

Jan 30, 2009, 11:21 PM

Its more complicated than that though. It seems easy when you say it but actually doing it is a whole other thing. And he will def have a date he's so cute. But he likes skanks and I'm definitely not one. So I don't know
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2009, 11:24 PM

... why would you want a guy who likes skanks?
    -

Feb 20, 2009, 07:23 PM

Because he's so funny and cute. I want someone hot can u blame me?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 20, 2009, 07:31 PM

Yes, we can blame you, you need to look past the "hot' an popular to someone that is a nice person and has the same values and ideas as you.

Who is there to blame if not you, since it is your pick.

But in life, you can turn 50 and look back and say, "I wonder what would have happened if I ask him"
    What is the worst, very worst, he says no, and you don't go with him, guess what if you don't say something you won't go anyway
    -

Feb 21, 2009, 10:16 PM

Well I just want somebody who is attractive. I don't think that's wrong at all. I just don't.
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2009, 10:26 PM

Take it from those who have been there and done it.

The looks fade. If their personality's god-awful... their looks fade even faster.
    -

Feb 23, 2009, 08:47 PM

Yes but it is possible to find an attractive person with a great personality, or are you saying that's wrong?
    barbiechick123 Posts: 317, Reputation: 25

Feb 23, 2009, 10:31 PM

Like Isneezefunny said: looks will fade, personality stays. If this guy has more within him then being hot and funny than okay, but if he's a jerk than there is no point.trust me, there will be guys who make you feel GREAT and look cute.

But to answer your original question: I suggest you talk to him A lot more. He isn't going to ask you if he doesn't know you're interested or even know who he is. Be his friend and than eventually say "Hey... are you going to that dance?" if he's interested he'll say yeah, want to come? Or something.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dance Studios - more empahsis on dance or business [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question regarding dance studios. I would like a sincere answer from someone who either owns or knows someone well who does own their own dance studio. It has been my experience that studios will put more emphasis on business rather than dance. The reason for this is I have seen good...

What dance dance revolutiondo I buy for PS2. [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: there are so many different dance dance revolutions for ps2 that I don't now what one to buy?I want to know witch one is the best.

DDR Dance Dance Revolution question [ 2 Answers ]

I have a question regarding DDR but first let me set the stage for my knowledge and expectations. First, I'm no gamer by ANY stretch of the imagination. I played Zork in College and once in a blue moon I'll play frogger. But if I'm interested in something I usually try not to let cost get in...

F-1 to H-1, what's the start date of H-1? Should be approval date or visa issue day? [ 3 Answers ]

As I mention before, I changed from F-1 to H-1 last year. I got my H-1 status in Feb 2004, but I went to my home country to get the H-1 visa stamp in August 2004. So I would like to know for counting my H-1 status, is it the date that USCIS (the Immigration) approved (which is Feb 1st), or the...

View more questions Search