Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hellothere1 Posts: 85, Reputation: 4

Dec 30, 2008, 09:30 AM
    Getting an ashy blonde colour
    Hey I know I've already posted but I wanted to make sure it's a new thread so people can see it. Right, I bought an lightest ash blonde dye from nice and easy it worked really well considering the yellowy tones it had before. I'm still not happy with the result though it is ashy but I still see orangy tones in some lights (doesn't look horrible though) the nice & easy colour was two for £8 so I got two of the same colour so I could do my roots but should I just do the colour again? Will it still change?
    Thank you :)
    hellothere1 Posts: 85, Reputation: 4

Dec 30, 2008, 11:48 AM

ALSO, I've worked out that the parts I highlighted with bleach have gone a much lighter ash blonde which is the blonde I want, but it is very little I did of that. Should I bleach my whole hair and then put this ash colour on top? Or is that risky? X
    ScarletSea Posts: 63, Reputation: 6

Jan 2, 2009, 10:25 AM
    Hey. I've used that exact colour and brand lol I love the stuff :P
    Bleaching is verrrrrry risky... However, I have done it on already bleached hair and the results are good.
    If, and only if, your hair is in healthy condition Id go for bleaching it. You won't have to leave it long as its already light. Get 12% peroxide and powder from Sallys and leave about 30mins or until yellow/white then use Nice 'n' Easy lightest neutral summer blonde. Get two if your hairs shoulder length or longer, this avoids missing patches.

ALTHOUGH Before the bleaching I would try just putting that other dye you have for your roots over the top first. This will take away the orangyness. Then leave a couple of weeks if you still want to bleach it.

Good Luck =]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair Colour Blonde to Red, need to fix back to blonde [ 7 Answers ]

Hi there, I am living in China, had my hair dyed red. (I am a natural red head but have been blonde for 10 years). The dye started to wash out, so I went back to the hairdresser and showed them and had it redone. All is fine except the colour is more of a pinky red rather than an auburn/copper...

Hair colour went wrong.going back to dark blonde? [ 7 Answers ]

Well I decided to bleach my lovely dark blonde hair to get blonder hair myself... a disaster! It turned a lot of colours white, yellow and orange. My friend (not a hairdresser!) advised me to dye it dark brown as this would take it back to dark blonde... oh no it didn't! Instead it went lots of...

How do you colour light ginger to blonde [ 1 Answers ]

My son wants to colour his hair I tried once and it turned orange please help as he never stops going on

View more questions Search