Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fatima02 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2008, 01:37 PM
    Treating a cat's eye infection at home.
    My kitten is five months old and for the last two days he started squinting his right eye and today I noticed some discharge which is probably an eye infection. Is there anything I can use to get rid of his eye infection.
    WildAngel Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Aug 14, 2008, 01:44 PM
    You can try flushing it with water but the safest bet is to take the kitten to the Vet. If the kitten is only five months then most over the counter products can't be used without harmful side effects. Best of luck to you and your kitten.
    Merricat Posts: 32, Reputation: 5

Aug 17, 2008, 04:05 PM
    Definitely see your vet. Most likely this is a run of the mill upper respiratory infection with eye involvement, but you don't want to put anything into the eye unless you know what exactly is going on. Some medicines can make some conditions worse, and when we are dealing with the eye this can lead to unnecessary pain and even blindness.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Treating dog bites [ 3 Answers ]

My poor Trink got bit at the dog park this morning (and do NOT get me started on people who bring a foster Great Dane to a dog park without knowing how it's going to interact with other dogs!). It doesn't look that bad... one puncture up on top of her shoulder (where the little bumps are) and one...

Treating cat's eye infection [ 2 Answers ]

We have two kittens that are 13 weeks old. We got them from a breeder. We were told that they have had their fvrcp shots at 8,10,&12 weeks. They were wormed 3 times w/panacure. Since we received them their eeyes have constantly been watery and irritated. We have tried to flush thei eye out...

Treating Vomiting Dog at home [ 5 Answers ]

My one-year old Brittany has been through the intestinal blockage route and survived, barely. Three months later he is vomiting stomach bile with a bit of grass and refusing food. Normally he will eat your arm if you don't put the food down quickly enough, so this is significant. I found that he...

View more questions Search