Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aquamarine15 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2008, 04:42 PM
    My parents don't care.
    I feel left out in my house and I need advice how do I make my parents care.
    Kati-Katt Posts: 77, Reputation: -2

May 30, 2008, 04:53 PM
    Awwee your getting low affection from your parents in your surroundings. I know how that feels, My mom is around now but for the longest time I wouldent be home I'd go out because it was too painful being home because mom was never here and dad is not safe to be around now. That is so painful. I'm sorry but you can't make your parents care... you can't force people. But our parents are your parents, they created you... tell me what did they do to you to make you think your having no one care?
    rockerchick_682 Posts: 496, Reputation: 72

May 30, 2008, 10:46 PM
    Talk to them about it. Tell them how you're feeling and what is making you feel inadequate.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

May 30, 2008, 10:55 PM
    First of all you need to describe your situation in more detail. In what way do you feel left out? Please give more detail and I am sure people here including myself will be able to help you better.
    SkyGem Posts: 177, Reputation: 18

May 31, 2008, 08:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by aquamarine15
    i feel left out in my house and i need advice how do i make my parents care.
    I am sorry you are feeling this way. Usually when someone feels left out it is because something is missing and has likewise been left out of the family relationship. You could possibly know what that is. Are there other siblings in your house? Do they receive more affection than you? Do you cause or have you caused problems for your parents now or in the past? These are just a few questions that need to be asked in order to get to the bottom of this matter.

Sometimes parents go about their day with their own problems that they do not consciously realize the most important people in their life are being left out. While it may be difficult to approach certain parents about this, they need to know how you feel so that they can work to try to correct the dis-connection from their children. Unfortunately, there is no way to make someone "care" that simply does not care to care. And while those type of people unfortunately do exist, they are in the minority. They may have deep-seated problems that preclude them from showing more affection to their children simply because if they do not Love themselves first, they will be unable to Love anyone else. Therein lies the problem. As for you, try open conversation with them at dinner time or some other time when they are more open and agreeable to discussions. Let them know how important it is for you to feel included in the family. It is something every parent should know, but again, some do not come to realize this until it is too late. I'm sure they Love you but many are not good at showing that Love outright until their children have a conversation about it that jolts their awareness and makes them realize the importance of being inclusive in a family instead of exclusive. Love is the healer of all! When all parties come to realize that fact, they can all become closer and happier. Obstacles may stand in the way but that too can be dissolved through Love which is the KEY to greater happiness in every person's life. Do not feel alone for you are truly not. God created you and Loves you more than you realize! He is as close as thought and as your Heavenly Father can show you ways to improve your relationship with your family. Be Open to the Possibilities and many blessings to you!
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2008, 01:13 PM
    You have to tell a family member you like, and aunt or grandparent, that your parents don't love you. Could they help you with this problem? Bring your needs to the forefront.

You deserve to be loved. All children do. :)
    666genia6 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2008, 05:43 PM
    My birth parents were like that. I just got in to more stuff at school, like for me tennis, art,
    Join a club, for after school. I have a friend that lets me sleep over at her house so I wasn't even there most of the time.

I know it sounds cheasy but hay try it out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home care for my elderly parents [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to remodel my parents bathroom so that I can adequately take care of them. I do not intend to ever place them in a nursing home but need changes made to the bathroom to make it handicap accessible. How do I go about this and are there grants available?

On Credit card with Parents- Parents Leaving me holding the bag [ 3 Answers ]

I got out of a bad relationship and my credit was bad... so my parents offered to take out some credit cards and also put me on some established ones... I am only on there as a signer, authorized user... I charged very little most of the charges were for a business my mom owns... they now have...

How do you prove to your parents that you can take care of a cat? [ 3 Answers ]

Cats cats parents parents!! lol!!

Parents not wanting to support or take care of child [ 1 Answers ]

My ex boyfriend, the father of my three year old, does not support my child or want to watch him at anytime for me even when my son asks him too. He still lives with his mom and his mom takes care of him when he is over there, not his father, he does other things instead. My son says he mostly...

Canadian Parents - Tory Child Care Plan [ 6 Answers ]

To all Canadian parents out there with children under 6, read this: http://www.canada.com/windsorstar/news/story.html?id=2b61ccae-24be-4c0d-b0b9-d5faae003f21&k=58998 Meaning, you have to submit some type of application, if you haven't already.

View more questions Search