Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2009, 03:58 AM
    Senior Citizen.
    One of the good things about getting older is you find you're more interesting than most of the people you meet.

- Lee Marvin

Please discuss!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 14, 2009, 04:33 AM

You could have put this on the 'member discussion' board.

Tick
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2009, 01:36 PM

Depends how you look at it... you could be saying... what have I done with my life, times running out and I haven't done this or that, I'm to old now body parts let me down, so I'm never going to achieve what I intended to when I was younger.

The difference when your older is that your much wiser and would not make the mistakes that perhaps a youngster would make, which kind of defeats the object really, part of the fun of doing things is messing up sometimes.

When your older you see what might happen, which stops you from venturing out or doing what ever it might be, years ago you wouldn't have cared.

Some older people are very interesting and fascinating to listen too, but not all.

In all walks of life no matter what their age there are varieties of interesting and un-interesting people, depending on the kind of life they have led.

You do get a free bus pass though...
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2009, 02:05 PM

Old age means you have lived a long time.You have experienced the joys and the pains of life.

If you are lucky ,you have met interesting people who you have learned from.

You should be ,by all accounts, done with silly issues ,you know who you are and you have a good sense of where you are headed.
    The quote indicates to me that an aged person gets what is important and what isn't .

By the nature of aging ,most people who are your peers are long gone and these youngsters are less interesting because they don't grasp what it truly important in life.
    tonyrey Posts: 102, Reputation: 10

Apr 17, 2009, 05:12 PM

You may find that you're more interesting but that doesn't mean that you're more interesting to others! Old people have more experience of life but they are often boring because they tend to talk too much about what has happened to them. I know - I'm one of them :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A Senior Citizen [ 3 Answers ]

I am a senior citizen... - I'm the life of the party... even when it lasts 'till 8pm. - I'm very good at opening childproof caps with a hammer. - I'm usually interested in going home before I get to where I'm going. - I'm good on a trip for at least an hour without my aspirin,...

Renting to an Senior Citizen [ 1 Answers ]

My elderly mother in law wishes to move into a new rental apt. in Northern California. She filled out the appropriate paperwork and the Owners of the building asked for 3 terms to be accepted: 1) Good rental history 2) Good credit history and 3) 3 times the rent in current income. My Mother in...

Letter to Senior Citizen [ 8 Answers ]

I work as a customer service coordinater. A senior citizen wrote a letter to the president that he wants me to address. This is what the letter reads... Dear Sir/Madam, Please be advised that the fees to cash a payroll check are too high. I am a senior citizen on a fixed income. Please consider...

Senior citizen debt [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, The sheriff delivered something from a law firm to my 75 year old mother. They are trying to get a judgement against her for a debt she owes but can't afford to pay. She has a bank account where her social security and my deceased fathers military and small work pensions, can they take...

View more questions Search