Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Broken Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2006, 06:11 PM
    How do u walk away??
    Im still having trouble letting go of my 3 year relationship with my ex girlfriend. Its been almost 3 months maybe 4 and I still can't walk away without wanting to try to make it work with her and when it comes to trying not to be her friend I can't do that either I go a day maybe a week at best and strart missing her so bad it drives me insane and I have trouble sleeping and want to call her and even on occasions break down into tears what should I do how do I walk away. To make things worse she has a new boyfriend that is a but she still can't see it and I do like someone else they are a stripper but I can look past it because I got to know them and they are a great person but she's in a relatrionship but wants out just needs to get a new place. I don't know what to do. How do I walk away 3 and about 1/2 years with someone that I was engaged to at one point? Please help me if you think you can. :confused:
    blondiechika05 Posts: 65, Reputation: 2

Nov 18, 2006, 11:31 PM
    You were with this girl for 3 years. It's perfectly normal to still feel the pain after a few months. The main thing is that you need to give yourself time to move on. Maybe after a year or two years you will be ready for another relationship. You can't just expect yourself to move on from a lengthy relationship after such a short time. Eventually you will either be able to walk away or you will become friends with her again.
    leeleeflash Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2006, 04:13 PM
    It's been two years for me and I still haven't figured out how to move on, I stil;l think of my ex everyday, and long to contact him frequently. What stops me? I am an even bigger mess when I do!! Hang in there it does get better. In my situation it's not as bad as it was a year ago... and hopefully will be better in another year
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Nov 20, 2006, 04:28 PM
    Time takes... time. That's the crappy part.

But it helps to remind yourself that so many people report that much better things came to them later --and I am one of them. But what do I know, some days I can't get my own head out of a kleenex box. LOL

You could try taking some drastic measures like I have -- writing on posties and pasting them everywhere all with the same message in big sharpie writing: ITS OVER DUMMY! Or reciting every conceivable reason why it was a good thing until I burst out laughing (I can't remember now what absurdity did that, sorry) or watching that horrible Bette Davis movie about the old maid who couldn't move on and yelling Oh Not Me through it or... well, you get the point, right?

Contrary to how the movies make it look, carrying a torch over someone looks absurd because... it is!
    cherri1966 Posts: 14, Reputation: 4

Nov 20, 2006, 09:45 PM
    Allow yourself to move on. You simply can not do that if your constantly dwelling on your lost. You broke up for a reason, remember that. Please, don't involve yourself with someone else, who have someone else. Avoid unnecessary drama, especially when it stares you straight in the face. Day by day it will get better, if you allow. Discover yourself and build you. Learn to enjoy being alone with yourself before you get involved with someone else.
    Mitexi Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Dec 3, 2006, 06:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken
    Im still having trouble letting go of my 3 year realtionship with my ex girlfriend. Its been almost 3 months maybe 4 and i still can't walk away without wanting to try to make it work with her and when it comes to trying not to be her friend i can't do that either i go a day maybe a week at best and strart missing her so bad it drives me insane and i have trouble sleeping and want to call her and even on occassions break down into tears what should i do how do I walk away. To make things worse she has a new bf that is a but she still can't see it and i do like someone else they are a stripper but i can look past it because i got to know them and they are a great person but shes in a relatrionship but wants out just needs to get a new place. I dont know what to do. How do i walk away 3 and about 1/2 years with someone that i was engaged to at one point? Please help me if u think u can. :confused:
    They say it takes half the time you were in the relationship to get over someone. So if you were with this girl for 3 years it takes 1 1/2 years. But in reality it just takes time and a realiziation that it is over and everything happens for a reason. Your heart will be broken many times in your life time. And each time your heart is broken it will be mended.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2006, 07:02 PM
    You bend your legs. You move them up and down. That is how you walk away. I know it may be hard. I am trying to give a little humour, might not seem that way but honestly if you keep living in the past you will never have a future, with anybody. Do you want to be lonely? If not what you need to do is let it go. Stop dwelling on the past and start doing things for yourself and for you future. Focus on other things and believe me eventually you will find better things. If you keep looking at the past though, do you realize you could be missing out on experiances of a life time now. Do you want to miss out on things that might be a lot better for you now or in the future.

Joe

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

1 mile walk [ 8 Answers ]

Could you please tell me the minutes it should take for an average 55 year old female to walk 1 mile? Thank you!

Dog won't walk with me on leash [ 3 Answers ]

I just got a 4 month old puppy. She stubbornly sits and won't budge when I try to take her on walks. Anyone know how I can get her to stop doing it and l walk with me?

Ex is playing games am I right to walk away? [ 7 Answers ]

I posted a question here about three weeks ago and I got some really great advice back, it was with regards to my ex-girlfriend, we had been out of contact for about two months after trying to be friends, I thought I was never going to hear from her again, and to be honest I was slowly getting use...

Should I walk away? [ 213 Answers ]

hey guys I am new to this site so please bare with me =) I am 26 year old male who I would say am a good looking guy, I own my own house, I have a good job etc... I guess what I am trying to say is I have a good life and I have a lot to show for. Now 6 montn I fell deeply in love with an old...

Should I stay or should I walk away [ 15 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfriend since I was 15 years old I am now 21 and he is 22 years old... We have a little boy who is 17 months old... We both attend the same college and are supposed to be graudating soon... anyway we broke up back in December and we just started to get back on good terms...

View more questions Search