Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marjamsau Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2009, 12:18 PM
    Financial aid for ex-felons?
    I am a ex-felons convicted of a white collar crime, I want to know if I can apply for grant inorder to go back to school.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2009, 03:01 PM

Hi, marjamsau!

Has someone told you that you aren't going to be able to get a scholarship or financial aid of some kind because you have a felony on your record? There most likely will be some kind of financial aid available, depending on your grades and income of yourself and/or parents, through whatever college it is to which you apply. Much of that information might be readily available online on the website of the particular institution.

I have heard something about the possibility of grants and scholarships being available through FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) for those who have been convicted of a felony. However, it would depend on what the conviction was for and an applicant's compliance with certain stipulations in order to be eligible. For more information, please visit FAFSA - Free Application for Federal Student Aid

Once a person has done their time been on probation or parole, basically paid their debt to society, then they are free to apply for monies just like anyone else does in the form of loans or financial aid from educational institutions, banks, municipalities and others.

But, like I said above earlier, in order to be eligible for grants or scholarships from certain programs that are designed to help those who have been convicted of a felony, then it might depend on what the conviction was for and that certain conditions must be met.

Thanks!
    mikeegan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2013, 04:32 PM
    Question; Can you tell me where an ex-felon may apply for financial aid to be self employed? My email is [email protected]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there financial aid available for felons [ 2 Answers ]

Is there financial aid available for felons for online classes?

Financial aid for felons [ 2 Answers ]

How can I get financial aid if I am a felon?

Financial Aid For Convicted Felons [ 1 Answers ]

Convicted Felons have a hard time trying to get funding for anything. I am currently in my first year of College I am having to defer payments on half of my tuition, till 2011 or later. I have HIGH HONORS, and am looking for a way to obtain grants for education. This stuff is expensive,...

Financial aid for felons [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a program in the state of Georgia that I can apply to for financial aid considering I have a felony ?

View more questions Search