Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    billy300 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2009, 03:10 PM
    How can I obtain a scholarship for school
    I'm ex-felon an I'm going back to school to obtain a degree as electrician technician wanted to know how can get an scholarship & granted or are there any that pertain to us. If you know of any then let me know Thank you
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2009, 02:38 AM

Hi, billy300!

Has someone told you that you aren't going to be able to get a scholarship or financial aid of some kind because you have a felony on your record? There most likely will be some kind of financial aid available, depending on your grades and income of yourself and/or parents, if your parents are still in the picture here concerning your finances, through whatever college it is to which you apply. Much of that information might be readily available online on the website of the particular institution.

I have heard something about the possibility of grants and scholarships being available through FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) for those who have been convicted of a felony. However, it would depend on what the conviction was for and an applicant's compliance with certain stipulations in order to be eligible. For more information, please visit FAFSA - Free Application for Federal Student Aid

Once a person has done their time been on probation or parole, basically paid their debt to society, then they are free to apply for monies just like anyone else does in the form of loans or financial aid from educational institutions, banks, municipalities and others.

But, like I said above earlier, in order to be eligible for grants or scholarships from certain programs that are designed to help those who have been convicted of a felony, then it might depend on what the conviction was for and that certain conditions must be met.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Night school for high school-aged people [ 15 Answers ]

I heard about there being night school for high school kids. In fact, I think a friend of a friend went to night school when I was in jr. high. I've searched Google, and can't find any listings or info for night schools in PA. Does anyone know if they exist for high schoolers, and where I could...

I have an admission to Wageningen University, Where can I obtain a scholarship [ 2 Answers ]

I am a graduate with an admission to study International Development Studies at Wageningen University in Holland. Where can I find a scholarship? Can you help me to get a scholarship? Thanks in advance for your assistance. Regards Peter K. Biwott

My chances of full ride scholarship at a decent school [ 1 Answers ]

By decent I mean schools like Gonzaga, university of Victoria, or UBC and maybe even Stanford. My average grade in my junior year was 90% in the first semester and 97% in the second semester My GPA was 4.0 in the final semester I only belonged to one club which was called Impact(a christian...

View more questions Search