Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jessicajcl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2008, 07:16 PM
    No wireless connection, Linksys Router
    Hi. I have an old Gateway laptop and a new (less than one year) Macbook. The Gateway has a wireless G card and I'm not sure what's inside the Mac. Anyway, I was getting a perfect connection from both to my Belkin wireless router. One day it stopped! I tried everything. I switched out all the ethernet cables, I got a new linksys router and I even exchanged my older cable modem for a brand new one. The laptops recognize the network but then cannot connect. My password is correct, everything in the router settings is "enabled" (I'm using the linksys router) and I need help!!
    mechanickid Posts: 248, Reputation: 5

Sep 18, 2008, 07:19 PM
    What's the model #.

Do you have security set up?
    jessicajcl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2008, 11:54 AM
    It's a WRT110. I do have security set up (WAP Personal). The SSID shows up on my laptops and the password goes through and the Macbook says there was an error trying to connect and the Gateway Laptop with the wireless G card has a verrry low signal.
    mechanickid Posts: 248, Reputation: 5

Sep 19, 2008, 01:41 PM
    What's the location like i.e... distance and angles?

Do you live in a house, or apartment? Anything new around your house?

Does the Mac connect via wire?

What's your connection like without security?
    marked Posts: 41, Reputation: 0

Oct 2, 2008, 11:47 PM

Try to access the router setup page and change the ssid and channel to and that should fix this problem...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My comp cannot connect to my linksys wireless router [ 6 Answers ]

I have just set up a home network using a linksys wireless router (model # wrt54g). I ran the setup software with no problem and connected 2 other computers, 1 laptop and 1 desktop w/wireless adapter both of which connect great. MY laptop, however, that was used to set the network up, would drop...

Verizon DSL, Linksys router connection issues [ 13 Answers ]

Hi, I am having internet connection problems. I have a Verizon DSL connection with a Westell Wirespeed modem connected to a Linksys BEFSR41 router. Two computers are connected to the router, one running XP the other Mac OSX. I have had this network running for sometime, but just lost the...

Changing wireless router Linksys WRT54GS to a wired router [ 8 Answers ]

How can I disable my wireless router to a wired router. The model is a Linksys WRT54GS.My two computers are now in one room and do not need to be wireless.I will be using a 50ft. Cable. Does it make any difference if the color of the cable is blue or yellow ?

Wireless connection with D-LINK router [ 1 Answers ]

I have D-LINK DI-624+. At first I couldn't get into page http://192.168.0.1 but I connected my PC to LAN side of the D-LINK according to advice from this site. And everything was fine until I saved my changes and restarted. Immediately after that my computer says "network cable is unplugged" and...

View more questions Search