Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clstepp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2007, 06:25 AM
    How to start a riding lawn mower
    What are the steps to start a 19.5 hp Twin Turbo Cool 42" Craftsman Riding Lawn Mower? I am a female that has never done this and need to cut my lawn. Thanks for your help.
    Chris50 Posts: 30, Reputation: 10

May 15, 2007, 09:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by clstepp
    What are the steps to start a 19.5 hp Twin Turbo Cool 42" Craftsman Riding Lawn Mower? I am a female that has never done this and need to cut my lawn. Thanks for your help.
    Well, let's give this a try (with a full tank of fresh gas,of course). Sitting in the seat, place the gear shift to neutral, depress the left clutch pedal, pull back the choke and turn the key. It should turn over or at least try. Do not pull back on the knob that engages the blades. It will not start with that engaged and you only want to do that when you get to where you are going to mow. Once the engine turns over, push the choke back in so it doesn't flood the engine. Other things that may cause a problem is an old battery, old oil... etc... but give that try a first and see what happens. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman Riding Lawn Mower won't start [ 2 Answers ]

My tractor quit on me during my grass cutting. I have not been able to get it started. I've Changed the air filters, a new spark plug, a new solenoid, a new fuel filter, a new battery. When I put it on choke and try to start it, the engine turns but won't start. After that,all I hear is the...

Riding lawn mower to riding go-cart [ 6 Answers ]

I want to convert a riding mower, with a bad engine, to some type of riding go-cart. I'll probably put some type of small engine it it for power, but want something the kids can creep around the yard with. Any ideas? Thanks, G

My murray 11hp riding lawn mower will not start. [ 1 Answers ]

I have tried all I know to try and still my murray 11hp mower won't run. I need to know if there are any more fuses besides the one by the celenoid. I replaced the battery, starter switch, celanoid, sparkplug, and 15amp fuse by the celenoid. Are there any more fuses that I should look for? ...

Riding lawn mower won't start [ 2 Answers ]

I have a yard man riding lawn mower. One day while using it, it did a big surge and I fell off. I had to push it back down because it was sitting up on its two back wheels, now it will not start. I tried to change the spark plug and tried the battery but nothing works. Please help

What do I look for in a riding lawn mower? [ 2 Answers ]

My back yard is failry big and uneven. I've had riding mowers before but kind of hand-me-downs that had a lot of ware on them for what I thought was a decent price. It's time for what will be my third and I want a new one but don't know really what to look for or what brand I would want to...

View more questions Search