Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kevhead01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2011, 06:38 AM
    German Lithograph/Etching/Engraving - Artist ID?
    I have attached photographs of German engravings and would so appreciate any suggestions on who the artist is. As you can see, each signature is not only illegible, they are different on each of the four engravings that I have. I've searched many other resources on the web, the library, art galleries, etc. without success. Please, I've been trying to identify the artist for more than a year now and would appreciate any suggestions from you!
    Attached Images

mamawarbucks Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2012, 07:29 AM
    I have 6 lithographs/engravings by this same artist. They were in a box of items from my late mother-in-law. She purchased these in Germany in 1952. I also am unable to discover the actual name of the artist and each signature is illegible. The artist also signed below each picture with a lead pencil. Please let me know if you can determine the name of the artist. I think his/her work is amazing---very detailed.
    bobby10 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2013, 05:20 PM
    Please if you get an answer let me know. I have three similar prints. I cannot figure who the author is either, I thought it could had been Rosheburg.

[email protected]

Thank you
    artspeed Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2013, 04:56 PM
    I too, have 6 prints purchased in the mid-50s in Bavaria by this same artist and would like information. Same signature, all of Bavarian landmarks including Munich, Ulm, Regensburg, etc.

Please forward any information that becomes available and I will the same.

[email protected]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paul Emile Lecomte etching engraving by Les Graveurs Modernes Paris 1924 [ 0 Answers ]

I was wondering the value of this etching, it is signed by artist in pencil, numbered 13 in bottom right hand corner, and copyrighted by Les Graveurs Modernes Paris 1924. Any help would be appreciated. It is color and measures 18.25 x 14.5 with overall measurements of 23.5 x 19.5. Thank you.

Engraving, Artist Proof, Artist Signiture Identification [ 13 Answers ]

15854 15855 I found this artist proof at a local thrift store. It's entitled "Lady Godiva". I think it's an engraving? It's numbered a/p II 2/8. It is a very interesting piece with "erotic hidden images" throughout. Someone told me it falls into the catigory of "ambiguous erotic art". Would...

Lithograph, Paris Etching Society, NY [ 1 Answers ]

I have a very nice piece of Art with Paris etching society (top right) with a signiture that looks like b Moru in the bottom left and another signiture Louis Parrib (I think) in bottom left, it is a nature scene with a small water fall

ID an old lithograph/etching [ 3 Answers ]

I found an old lithograph (maybe an etching). The artist's name is spelled De( or Del) Zoinray, or Roinray or Boinray or some variation . It is a group of European cottages along a street and a river. I was told it may be a stone lithograph that has been colored by hand. I would appreciate any...

View more questions Search