Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CONFUSE_MUCH Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2009, 06:50 AM
    I live with my mom (who does not have custody) and want to back with my god mother
    Hi my name is Ryan. My mother left me and my father when I was only five years old. She never contacted me or my father in any way. Two years ago my father passed away. In his will he stated that my god mother Dawn was to have guardianship of me. Well about 4 months ago I found my mom and thought I would try to start a new life with her and make up for the last 10 years. Well I ended up moving from Texas to Ohio to live with her. This was the worst decision I could ever make. Every since I've been here with her we have been arguing constantly. I am not happy any more. My mother never filed for custody when I moved in with her. I need to know what I need to do to move back to Texas with dawn. I just want to be happy again. Please help me. I need to know what I can do to get back to my godmother.

Please help me... :(
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2009, 07:34 AM

Your mother does not need to file for custody since it was hers to begin with.

You can ask your mother to go back.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 28, 2009, 07:44 AM

Well this is actual a pretty complex situation. By law, your dad could not will guardianship. That clause would be invalidated IF your mother challenged it. However, assuming that your godmother's status as legal guardian is a matter of public record (it would have to be for her to sign off on medical care, etc.) then your mother's custody would need to be reaffirmed by a court.

Another issues is your age. I would estimate its 15 based on what you posted. So your preferences will be listened to.

Its my OPINION, that you can tell your mother that its not working out living with her and you are moving back in with your godmother (assuming she agrees). If your mother protests this, then it will need to go before a court. You can still move but she will have to file in court to get you to move back. I don't believe a court will side with her, but that's just my gut feelings.

You might want to consult an attorney for the legal issues in your area.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My mother have custody of my kids and I want it back [ 5 Answers ]

My mother have custody of my kids and I want it back how I get it back?

Can a mother who left for many years come back and get 50/50 custody? [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend has had full physical custody for 2 years of his 4 year old daughter. Now before that he had 50/50 custody for one year , the mother of the child has been out the child's life since about the time she was 8 months she has never shown any interest in being involved in this child's...

Needing full custody to live with my mother! [ 6 Answers ]

Me too!! Do you know what the sufficient age is of Nevada?

Mother wants residential custody back [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone, Thank you for taking the time to read this. What are the chances of me getting residential custody back of my 6 yr old daughter, I gave up custody 6 months ago because of the unbelievable stress and torment my ex was putting me through and because of all the guilt I felt, I caved...

I want to Live with my mother. [ 2 Answers ]

Hears the deal {just to chetch you up} I'v lived with my father for 15 years and I see my mom every other weekend... He has a wife now {my mom and dad devorced when I was like 2} theve been together for 10 years... she's 28 and he's 45.. {eeeww} My mom is sigle and has her own house {as dose my...

View more questions Search