What should I do to get my boyfriend back?

Asked May 2, 2007, 07:19 AM 60 Answers
    I've been dating my boyfriend for six years. Last night he broke up with me. This is how it all started. I have this guy that's in my english class and me and him always take the train together but me and him are just friends. I don't have any feelings for this guy. I look at him as a friend only. I always tell my boyfriend everything that's going on with me. He know that this guy is just a friend. But lately me and my boyfriend have been fighting a lot because I think he's cheating on me. Every time I call his house phone the line is always busy so I know that he's talking to someone else. But when I ask him who was he talking to when he calls me he's says his guy friend. I think he's lying because you don't talk to your guy friend for an hour. When I ask him is he cheating on me he tells me no that he loves me a lot. But I believe that he is talking to someone else on the phone. This Friday was bad I called him and the line was busy. He was talking to someone for an hour and thirty minutes. When he finally called me I asked him who was he speaking to he said his friend once again. But later when we started arguing he told that was speaking to a girl that his friend hook him up with, and they've been talking for two weeks now. I was so shock by this news, because he's been lying to me all this time telling me he's talking to his friend. He's always preaching about telling the true and being honest and look what he goes and do. When I asked him why is he doing this he told me why am I taking the train with that guy when I know has feeling for me. I don't like this guy me and him are just friends. When I am with this guy all I do is talk about my boyfriend and school work. Last night me and my boyfriend had argument. I asked him if he's cheating on me and he said no that he loves. We kept fighting on the phone and he told me that he wants to get off the phone and he'll call me when he wants to talk. But I didn't listen and I kept calling him every two second and he broke up with me. He told me that he needs his space. We always fight and breakup and then get back together because we can't stand to be away from each other. But this time I don't know what he's thinking. When I got off the phone with him when he broke up with me I knew he didn't want to speak to me so I had my cousin call him to let him know that I love him and I don't want to lose him but I don't think he wanted to hear it and became annoyed by the calls. All he said to my cousin was thank you for the message and I have to go. What should I do he says that he doesn't want to be with be with me and also he doesn't want to be my friend because I keeping bothering him and he needs his space. I love him so much and I don't want to lose him. I don't want this girl to take my man away from me. Should I give him his space and see if calls me within a week. We always talk on the phone everyday so it's very hard for me not to call him. But I think calling him would just make him upset even more. Someone please tell me what I should do? I love my boyfriend I don't want to lose him over something little. Help Me!!
    I want the guys to let me know what do you think my boyfriend is thinking.

Last edited by samnaomi83; May 2, 2007 at 09:30 AM.
    saraispiel19's Avatar
    saraispiel19 Posts: 670, Reputation: 115
    -

#2

May 2, 2007, 07:42 AM
    I think you need to give him some spαce.

By the way I bet he's confused αt the fαct thαt you totαlly contrαdicted yourself. First your mαd αt him for tαlking to αnother girl his friend hooked him up with then you tell him "ooh bαby i love you don't go" ?whαt the hell is thαt αll αbout? He obviously hαd the intention of cheαting on you becαuse if he didn't he wouldn't αccept his friend's mαtch-mαking.. he used this trαin guy αs αn excuse-- if he hαd α problem with thαt he should've told you αnd if he did you should've respected thαt αnd cut trαin guy off becαuse it bothered your b/f.

αnd this whole breαk-up/mαke-up fiαsco is cleαrly α sign of not knowing whαt you wαnt (him too), αnd mαybe the reαson y'αll go bαck together is becαuse when your αpαrt you feel αlone αnd in need of eαchother.. I think you guys need this time to leαrn how to stαnd on your own two feet.. try not tαlking to him for 90 dαys.. this will chαnge your αspect on everything.. but you hαve to commit to it.. you've αlreαdy developed α pαttern αnd frαnkly I think this guy hαs recognized thαt so he's mαking α chαnge.. αnd you should too.
    sypher373's Avatar
    sypher373 Posts: 360, Reputation: 38

#3

May 2, 2007, 08:01 AM
    If he knows how desperate you are to get him back, and how willing you are to do anything, he will feel no pressure to sit down and figure out what it is he wants. Give him spcae, don't talk to him, don't answre his calls, if he calls. Let him realize that you won't be treated like that. Not only will this force him to rethink what he's doing, it will give you time away from the situation to think clearly.
    samnaomi83's Avatar
    samnaomi83 Posts: 20, Reputation: 3

#4

May 2, 2007, 08:12 AM
    He told me that the girl is the one that gave her number to him. He told me that he doesn't like that girl like that he is just talking to her on the phone just like I was doing with the guy. My boyfriend is 21 and the girl is 17 yrs old and am 23. I love my boyfriend if we've together so long I don't want to lose him. I not taking train with this guy any more but my boyfriend don't want to hear it. Should I let him cool off and see if he calls me. I think he's doing this to get back at me he's jealous even if he says he's not. What should I do? Thank you for the advice I need it.
    saraispiel19's Avatar
    -

#5

May 2, 2007, 08:24 AM
    G I v e
    H I'm
    S o m e
    S p α c e!!
    sypher373's Avatar
    sypher373 Posts: 360, Reputation: 38

#6

May 2, 2007, 08:28 AM
    First of all,
    I don't think it matters how he got the phone number. He made the choice to call, and then to lie to you about it. That's a big deal.
    Secondly, it doesn't matter if he's doing it to get your jealous either. If he is playing games like that, he is not worth your time or your effort. There are many people much better for you, as much as you don't want to hear that.
    The ONLY solution at this point is to give him space and work on yourself. Try to become happy without him. No one can tell you if/when he will come back, or why he is doing this. All we can tell you is the best way to get healthy so that you can deal with whatever he decides to do.
    saraispiel19's Avatar
    -

#7

May 2, 2007, 08:34 AM
    Your 23!! hαve fun!! You just pαssed you drinking αge-- common' no time for mαrriαge!-- hαve funnn girl!! Omgsh pαrty hαrdy-- do it for me! I mαrried YOUNG! Like I meαn hαven't gotten my driver's license young!
    samnaomi83's Avatar
    samnaomi83 Posts: 20, Reputation: 3

#8

May 2, 2007, 08:48 AM
    I understand what you both are saying but me and my boyfriend always have arguments over stupid things I just never picture that this things was going to break us up. I gave up so much to be with him. Sometime when we breakup he says that he don't want to be with me anymore and he want s to be friends but that never happens because we always start kissing and we get back together I know that I am young but I've been in a lot of relationships but this time I think he's the one but I think that I mess up. Hurting him by talking to this guy. He told me that on the phone Saturday night when we were together and look what happen we brake up.
    saraispiel19's Avatar
    -

#9

May 2, 2007, 08:54 AM
    sαmnαomi-- we give you αdvice hun-- telling you to give the guy some spαce... you should do it common' if he loves you he'll comebαck αnd if you especiαlly try the 90 dαy thing he'll def. try to find α wαy to get YOU bαck-- guys αre hunters, let him "hunt" you bαck-- wierdd... but true. Don't mαke yourself αvαilαble to him mαkes-you the go-to girl.. eww αnd you never wαnt to be her.
    sypher373's Avatar
    sypher373 Posts: 360, Reputation: 38

#10

May 2, 2007, 09:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by samnaomi83
    I understand what you both are saying but me and my boyfriend always have arguments over stupid things I just never picture that this things was going to break us up. I gave up so much to be with him. Sometime when we breakup he says that he don't want to be with me anymore and he want s to be friends but that never happens because we always start kissing and we get back together I know that I am young but I've been in alot of relationships but this time I think he's the one but I think that I mess up. Hurting him by talking to this guy. He told me that on the phone saturday night when we were together and look what happen we brake up.

We have all been there, and had those feelings. Trust me, I never in a million years could see my ex breaking up with me. When she did I was devastated. If you want my honest advice... I didn't move on like I should have almost 3 months ago. It still hurts me everyday, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I only have myself to blame for that, but every morning I wake up and it hurts beucase I refused to believe that there was no chance for a reconciliation.

It came to the point where I was sick of the way my life was going, and being someone who was always been successful at everything, that thought scared me. I know its time to let go, and I just hope that you can see that the sooner you begin to let go and work on yourself, the sooner you will be happy again.

Think of it this way... If nothing changes about either of you, nothing will change between the two of you. Stop looking for a miraculous revelation that will let you two be together forever and ever without a fight. If getting back together is even in the cards, the only way it will work is if you can become happy with who you are alone.

How do I get my ex boyfriend back? [ 31 Answers ]

My ex and I are both 21, we grew up together since the age of 7, our families are good friends, plus before we got together we all used to hang around together, so we have the same friends. We started going out when we were 18, he was more into me at first, and it was brilliant, then something made...

I want my ex boyfriend back [ 8 Answers ]

Hi all After a very long time I felt that I met the right person; I want to be with. We dated for 4 months. All was well He was just coming out of a relationship. We liked each other very much and cared for each other a lot. One day... he simply stopped taking my calls and a few times that he...

I want back my x-boyfriend [ 3 Answers ]

I was dating with a guy for 2 years.When we broke up we were seeing each other for long time but he didn't want to be couple.. He was afraid to get closer to me and feel more things such as love.I told him to stop this relation so I can go on and find someone else but he does not want it. He can...

How do I get my ex boyfriend back [ 8 Answers ]

I was with him for 3 years and we broke up a year ago. He has a girlfriend now and she's pregnant. When I first heard about it I was heart broken. He still calls me all the time. But lately he hasn't. I know he's having problems with her because I still go to his mothers house because she wants me...

Will I get back with my ex boyfriend? [ 1 Answers ]

My ex boyfriend dumped me about 4 months ago a week before my exams! We didn't speak for ages and then we made up but he was jealous because id formed a good friendship with his best mate. Recently we've got on really well and we went to the cinema together the other week and had a lauf. 2 weeks...