Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Audrey101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2007, 04:21 PM
    Long distance relationship.
    Sorry its so long... it's my 1st question ever.

Hi!. so I'm in a long distance relationship, we've been dating for about 4 months and everything has been good we have seen each other at least once or twice (both equally visited each other) BUT recently he moved back home to his parents for summer (he's more further away from me) and I gave him space in the phone calling and all that jazz so that he can catch up with his family and friends...
    We only talk late at night now for about 10-15 min. or so he tells me what he has done all day and such (he's working at his dad's company)... but the other day I missed a call from him and called him back within 5 min and he didn't pick up!! This has been going on for a while now and I'm really frustrated!. (if I miss his call I call him back within 5 min.)
    He said he has been really tired and when I call him back he seems to crash asleep within 5 min. is this even possible? When I finally got a hold of him he acted like nothing was wrong... I mean, I got upset because I hadn't talked to him in like 4 days!. all we have is the phone to communicate!. (so it's if I don't pick up when he calls me then we just don't talk at all it's just when he wants to)
    He says he's been really busy with work and whatever but I've been preparing for my finals and so I'm just as busy with school work, but I can find 3 seconds of my day to send a text message at least saying I'm busy and I'm still alive! When my friends ask me about him I say I don't know I haven't talked to him in like 4 days! I feel stupid!
    What is wrong with him? Or is it just me exaggerating? Did I give I'm too much space?
    lmnotok Posts: 217, Reputation: 37

Jun 5, 2007, 06:56 PM
    Lady, don't be frustrated like that, I had a LDR like you too, and it seems to be hard. But trust me after everything I had a lot of experiences. I'd say, 1st of all, it is very possible to crash sleep after 5 minutes. I always do it. ANd of course he had to act like nothing because IT WAS NOTHING! Don't make a big deal out of this. You expect him to feel bad just because of sleeping within 5 minutes? That's no good. 2ndly, sometimes people are just tired of texting and phone calls all the time, so leave them space and they will come back to you :)
    firstmate Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2010, 04:00 PM
    You know, Imnotok, I'd like to think you're right, because my long distance boyfriend hasn't initiated contact in 9 days, though I emailed and called within that time. However, if there's a difference in expectations or if the frequency/intensity dropped after a certain time, I'd think something wasn't right. Personally, I find it very frustrating and it could mean that my communication needs are not well matched to his preferences and therefore to a LDR with him. I'm not sure that it's overreacting to make that judgement.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Relationship between work and distance [ 3 Answers ]

If you pick a heahy suitcase and hold it off the ground for a while. It makes you more tired thatn if youran one hudered yards. Yet if work involves movement of things.In physical sense you are doing no work whatsoever. Can you resolve this paradox?

Long Distance Relationship - She cheated on me with an old friend [ 6 Answers ]

Hi Hope you can help, I met this american girl a year ago while she was studying in london. She was introduced to me by her friend (let's call him BOB), I met Bob on a holiday in 2002 and hadn't seen him for a few years but had mild contact when he passed through London on his world travels. He...

Long distance, cross-cultural relationship [ 12 Answers ]

I have just broken off a relationship with a man (34 yrs, I'm 28) who I love dearly because I am afraid that it will not work. We met on vacation last Spring in his country, Morocco. Sparks flew, he is gentle and kind and we fell hard. I was never the type to believe that long distance...

Great relationship turned long distance mess [ 4 Answers ]

I met a great guy. We started dating. The catch - before we met, he had set up a job in a different city. We agreed that changing life/career plans for a new relationship was pure insanity, but also that this relationship was worth pursuing. Things were wonderful. We became best friends in...

View more questions Search