Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Amamilinda Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2007, 06:45 AM
    Trouble Starting Car
    [F] I have a 1992 Honda Civic LX 4 DR Sedan with a 1.5L Engine. Now it takes me about 20 minutes to start my car. I thought it was my starter so I replaced that, then I thought it was my altinator so I replaced that. I also replaced my distributor cap, and the car has new valves, valve cover and gaskets but still seem to have a problem starting it. Could this be because of the Fuel Pump, Fuel filter, or maybe the Master Relay Switch. I know that I have checked the fuel pump and I do smell gas in the line.

I have already dished out money on this car and I need to know where to begin with this problem. Can someone possibly help?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2007, 07:28 AM
    Since you did all that, I would change fuel filter.
    Check plugs, Compression Test?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2007, 12:09 PM
    Read sections A and B below:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...das-46563.html
    fix-what-you-broke Posts: 305, Reputation: 61

Jun 3, 2007, 03:40 PM
    Does the car have auto choke? Is it fule injected? If its not f/injected it could be the carbaretta.
    Cheyanne03 Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Jun 5, 2007, 10:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Amamilinda
    [F] I have a 1992 Honda Civic LX 4 DR Sedan with a 1.5L Engine. Now it takes me about 20 minutes to start my car. I thought it was my starter so I replaced that, then I thought it was my altinator so I replaced that. I also replaced my distributor cap, and the car has new valves, valve cover and gaskets but still seem to have a problem starting it. Could this be because of the Fuel Pump, Fuel filter, or maybe the Master Relay Switch. I know that I have checked the fuel pump and I do smell gas in the line.

I have already dished out money on this car and I need to know where to begin with this problem. Can someone possibly help?
    Have you checked your battery and their connections? Sometimes they aren't grounded properly or they get a corrosion on them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

98 Honda has trouble starting please help. [ 7 Answers ]

I am having touble with my car starting what could be the problem? My 98 Honda 4dr Accord DX has been acting up lately. It as 120000 miles and the problem just started about a week ago. It has been having trouble starting. When it's cold it starts up fine but when I go to drive it for like 15min or...

98 Chevy malibu trouble starting [ 3 Answers ]

98 Chevy Malibu has trouble starting @ times. Everything comes on, but takes several tries before will start. Any ideas? :confused:

Honda-civic-96 trouble starting [ 3 Answers ]

My wife's 96 honda civic with over 100,000 miles would turn over some sluggishly when I tried to crank so I replaced battery and then car would turn over a lot but not crank for several tries and finally it cranked. I drove it down the road and up hills with no problems and pulled in drive way and...

Yet another ('91) Civic having trouble starting [ 1 Answers ]

I have a '91 Honda Civic DX and it seems like the battery is being slowly drained of its energy. A few weeks ago I came to this forum and looked at CroCivic91's "FAQ - My Honda Civic Won't Start" thread. I had the classic signs of a bad main relay (16 flashes of the diag light and car dying on hot...

89 Mazda trouble starting [ 8 Answers ]

I have a 1989 Mazda626. After not driving it for a few days, I drove about 1.5 miles, stopped and shopped for about 10 minutes. When I tried to start my car, the engine would not "turn over." It made a noise (more than a click), so the battery was not dead. I tried about 5 times, then I left the...

View more questions Search