Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WayTooMuch Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

May 23, 2007, 02:36 PM
    How Serious Should One Take These Calls?
    Lets say if one who owes debts received calls from collections agencies (ie Zwicker & Associates) or people whom self proclaimed "lawyers", what are the reality of getting sued and getting a judgement against you?

Do you guys suggest avoiding these calls? How about letters stating debts as written off as "bad debt" and will be hiring an attorny to file suit and gain judgement?

There is an obvious trend of steps that one credit card company usually takes in attempt to collect debt, what are the steps that one could expect after receiving these letters and phone calls?

Any one dealt with Zwicker & Associates currently or in the past?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 23, 2007, 02:38 PM
    NEVER talk to these people on the phone, they will make you agree to anything.
    Keep everything in writing.
    Make this absolutely clear to these peope and make sure you get them to validate the debt.
    gazelleintense Posts: 175, Reputation: 13

May 23, 2007, 04:44 PM
    If you owe the money and are not paying, you can talk to them and setup a payment plan... but any deals must be in writing... don't give them access to your bank accounts and never send postdated checks.

If you owe the money and keep ignoring them, eventually they may sue you for what you owe... then you would have to go to court... then they could get a lien on your accounts and take the money... so you end up paying anyway.

Why not call and set something up? Avoid all the other stuff.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who is listening to your calls? [ 3 Answers ]

I had someone tell me they could listen to anyone's cell phone call by using a scanner, is this true and if so does a cell phone use the same frequency every time a call is made?

Cold calls [ 3 Answers ]

How do I avoid getting brushed off.

Drunk calls [ 2 Answers ]

Heyy everybody... quick question... My boyfriend is currently in Panama City, FL for MTV's spring break with 12 of his friends. We've been seeing each other for about a year and serious for a few months. He was my best friend but we fell in love. Now I know he is obviously drinking being in...

Blocked calls [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a way to block an incoming call on a cell phone? So you wouldn't even know the person was calling?

Should I answer his calls [ 10 Answers ]

My ex and I have been broken up for a few months now and I am not over him. He continues to call me to talk and find out how I am, and to tell me what's up with him. He has even told me he is seeing someone, so I don't understand why he even bothers calling. It hurts so much to talk to him....

View more questions Search