Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Barakiel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2007, 01:50 AM
    Puffy Hair - Straightening Iron
    Okay,

So my hair, when it goes.. it grows up and out.. so my hair really looks all puffy.. I have pretty thick hair.

I want to get my hair into a new hair style, but to do that it needs to be 'down'.. instead of puffing. My fringe will go over one hair, you probably seen the hair style mannyy times.

Can you use a straightening iron to make this hair flop down and stay down? My mother says that my hair will only ever be able to be in one style (messy gel'd hair) because that's the way it grows. However, a friend who had the same hair (or well claims to) as me, said he achieved his 'emo' look by using a straightening iron...

I have got pretty short hair at the moment (Im a guy).. and Im growing it out, hoping that as it becomes longer.. I might be able to straightening it down and get the look. Im wearing a cap to hide the messy-ness while Im growing it.

Will this work at all? Or should I give in to my mother and go get haircut?

Note: By puffy I mean.. grows upwards on top and outwards on the side, so makes it look big and everywhere.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

May 12, 2007, 12:58 PM
    If you want your hair to look smooth and straight, wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner. Then apply an anti-frizz serum to damp hair. Make sure that you distribute the serum all through your hair. You can let your hair dry naturally, or you can use a blow-dryer. Once your hair is completely dry, use a flat iron/straightening iron to achieve a sleek look. Draw thin sections of hair through your flat iron or beginning with the roots and slowly glide it through the ends. Remember to keep the flat iron moving through your hair because flat irons get overheated and can damage your hair if you pause. When your hair is straighten put a small amount of serum in the palm of your hand then rub your hands together and work the serum through the hair for that smooth finish.
    MicheleEB Posts: 58, Reputation: 4

May 12, 2007, 05:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettyLady
    If you want your hair to look smooth and straight, wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner. Then apply an anti-frizz serum to damp hair. Make sure that you distribute the serum all through your hair. You can let your hair dry naturally, or you can use a blow-dryer. Once your hair is completely dry, use a flat iron/straightening iron to achieve a sleek look. Draw thin sections of hair through your flat iron or beginning with the roots and slowly glide it through the ends. Remember to keep the flat iron moving through your hair because flat irons get overheated and can damage your hair if you pause. When your hair is straighten put a small amount of serum in the palm of your hand then rub your hands together and work the serum through the hair for that smooth finish.

I agree completely, however I would say don't forget to spend a little extra on a straightener with ceramic, I made the mistake of buying one without ceramic and it fried my hair!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair straightening assist [ 14 Answers ]

I am looking for a hair product that will straighten my hair.. I cannot afford to have it personally done and I would like to get some controal to my horrid hair.. I have extremely wavy, frizzy hair that at the same time is fragile and breaks easy... I was wondering what products some of you have...

Puffy eyes! [ 5 Answers ]

Hello! Can someone please shed some light... I wake up occasionally with one puffy eye, right eye only. Does anyone experience this? I've read a lot of literature on the internet, but most info geared toward both eyes being puffy. It's never the left, and happens once or twice every...

How to contact bill cosby, russell simmons, sean puffy combs and cornell west [ 2 Answers ]

Greetings, How do I contact Bill Cosby, Russell Simmons, Sean Puffy Combs and Cornell West I need a way to email them some info about my nonprofit organization.

How do I section layered hair for straightening ? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there.. I just can't get my coarse wavy hair straight with my straightening tongs/irons... could anyone tell me how to section it the right way ? Its shoulder length and layered quite short- ish on top.. ive used all sorts of de- frizzers but they don't seem to work.. I even got one of those...

View more questions Search