Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Zebra Posts: 12, Reputation: 10

May 9, 2007, 12:11 AM
    Can a person be "emotionally unfaithful"?
    When anyone mentions "infidelity" I believe that most of us think of "sexually unfaithful". Can a person be "emotionally unfaithful"? How would you define it? Has any one ever heard of "emotional infidelity"? Is there such a thing, or did I just come up with a new term?

When it is said that a person "cheated" on their spouse, is it possible for them to cheat "emotionally" or is that called something else that I can't think of the name? This may be an old question; but it's the first time I ever thought of it.

What is your opinion?
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

May 9, 2007, 12:22 AM
    Emotional affair - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Although I hadn't heard of it, it seems like this term is a common one!
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2007, 10:56 AM
    Yes, there is such a thing as an emotional affair.
    Here is an example -
    You and your partner are having a strained relationship, you just can't seem to communicate or anything else for that matter.
    You find out that he is having phone conversations, internet chats with one person all the time. You have begged him to talk to you and he just won't. He talks to her.

That would be an emotional affair.
    azskye Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2010, 03:00 PM

I agree with "NowWhat" up to a point. There is a huge difference between a flirtation that lasts a few days or weeks, and one that is long lasting and is based on love. President Carter admitted to "lust in his heart," yet that was certainly not an affair. After one divorce and a second marriage that has lasted almost 30 years, I have concluded that an affair of the heart, an emotional affair, is far more devastating and hurtful than one of the body. Sadly, we all seem to get the 2 mixed up and put too much emphasis on the physical than the emotional.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

A/C or Heat does not work w/thermostat set "on" or "auto". [ 22 Answers ]

A/C or Heat doesn't work in "on" or "auto". Fan will not come on at the "on" position either. I changed the batteries in the thermostat. I also read somewhere to disconnect the "Y" and hold it to the "R" on the thermostat for two minutes. That will tell me if the thermostat is the problem. ...

Word XP - Tab/ruler measurement is "ch". What is "ch"? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Guys I'm actually an advanced Word user but I'm scratching my head over what seems to be a very basic (but frustrating) issue after recently installing Word XP/2002. :confused: Note: I'm in Australia so I use metric. If you're using inches, 1.27cm = 1/2 inch. Not that it matters! I've...

View more questions Search