Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jj1981jj Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2007, 05:01 AM
    Boyfriend trouble
    Hello all I really need some help I am a 25 year old gay male that has just started a relationship with a wonderful guy that I love very much. But the problem is that he has since moved away not far but farther than what I am willing to travel every day. I am currently looking into finding a job and moving in with him but I am worried for some reason we haven't had sex in like 3 weeks and when I am with him he is always texting on his phone. Not to mention that whenever we go out for dinner there is no conversation what's so ever. I REALLY DO LOVE him so much and enjoy the time that we are together but am confused as to what I should so. A huge part of me wants so badly to move with him but then another part of me is saying what whould I do. If I leave and things don't work out then I am going to have to move back and really start over because I am also looking for someone to buy my furniture. Because he has just bought all new stuff.:confused:
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2007, 08:04 AM
    Hmm how long have you known him? It's a big step to be making very quickly. Why don't you try a long distant relationship for a while. Do you often fall in love quickly? There is no point rushing into this and ending up heartbroken and homeless. If you can't make conversation over dinner then what's it going to be like living with him?

I think you know the answer - any doubt don't do it.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2007, 09:53 AM
    I never like a post that starts "ive just started a relationship" and has "i love him so much"...

It's a little too much too fast, my friend.

You might be in "deep like", but lets wait on the love thing until you can even understand who he is... after all, you don't understand his actions, so how can you say you know him that well?

And that's not to belittle the intense feelings at the beginning of a relationship. They are real. But you really, really sound like you are in way deeper than he is...

Even if he's into you and he's just different in how he acts... more casual about things and laid back with less "relationship" pressure... it still isn't good for you to fall so hard.

So how hard is he willing to work for you? Cause if you are doing all the work, you are just his butler. And maybe his fun for the night when he feels like it. Not a way to be.

People get busy. Hell... my wife sometimes spends half a night on her phone or checking email on her phone, but her job almost demands that right now. So maybe its nothing. Maybe he's a little distracted. Maybe he's distracted by another. Hard to know.

All I can tell you is that you only get the respect you demand.

I think you are reaching a little too much to make him happy. You might need to pull back some and see if he's willing to do the work for you. After all, you want to be chased too, right??
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2007, 08:34 AM
    If the other person would rather text someone else than talk to you when you are out to dinner, then that someone else means more to them than you. It's a wake up call. They are either extremely rude or have something going on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm in trouble :( [ 4 Answers ]

I am only fifteen and I have been pregnant before.. in blood and I lost it well its been a while and me and my boyfriend never use protection, I was a virgin when I met him, and we had sex through all my ovuation days unprotected and we have for the eleven months we have been dating well about two...

I am 14 and I truly am in trouble [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 14 I recently was caught taking my friends moms car out with him in the middle of the night without them knowing... we do not have licenses and we did it three times... I am not a bad kid and my parents have always trusted me. My friend and I agreed that we would not do it anymore but then his...

Boyfriend trouble? [ 22 Answers ]

hey! =D me and my boyfriend have been fighting a lot lately over stupid things... like what time he is going to meet me for lunch, his friends, his faaily, whether we love each other or not, sex and everything, mostly because I recently told him that I don't trust him. what do I do, to be able...

Boyfriend trouble :( [ 3 Answers ]

hi, I'm 15.. me and my boyfriend broke up about 4 months ago and were going out for 7 months. I've been trying to move on its not really working caus I miss him and still want a chance with him again but I can't figure out weather or not he likes me back anymore. I don't know what to do lol.. oh...

Having trouble getting over ex [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 17, and when I was 15 I started going out with this girl, who became my first love, and led me on a relationship that lasted a year and a half. Two months ago, we broke up because she's Seventh-Day Adventist, and I'm Catholic. For those of you who don't know, Seventh-Day Adventists are very...

View more questions Search