Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nicodem Lihts Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2018, 03:30 PM
    Should I Continue This Relationship?
    Am 18 and with a 28 years guy in a relationship. We have been together nearly closer to a month now but what is intriguing me is the fact that I feel like I'm the only one having feelings in the relationship.
    How? Well, am usually the one who has to extend him first, am usually the one who calls, he can spend a day without giving me a chat whereas I always wish him good day even when am occupied 24/24hours .
    He has never told me any words of sympathy or compassion sucks as I appreciate youor like you for doing this or that, or I love this in you etc.
    Does someone thinks sincerely that I should continue this relationship?
    And, should I tell him how unhappy I am about never texting or calling me if oh don't do?
    On the other hand, I have equally noticed am the one who usually ask important questions such as, how was your youth? What about your parents, how did you get into this or that, etc.
    Really, should this continue or end?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 20, 2018, 03:40 PM
    I'd say that you have just answered your own question. Guess what I think based on what you say!

Of course 'nearly a month' is nothing. For all we know, he is still seeing or planning to see other women. You say nothing about how involved you two are. Maybe it's all one sided.

I'm a woman and even I can't stand inane contact throughout the day. That's another thing... I want time together to be something other than a continuation of a string of texts so boring that I"m ready to run screaming away.
    Maybe he doesn't like them either, and you are incompatible from day one.
    Nicodem Lihts Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2018, 03:45 PM
    How have I answered my own question? And am gay guy not a woman.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2018, 04:27 PM
    It's been a month. Only a month. You two have different expectations as to where you should be after one month. Maybe he's the taking it slow type. I would assume at 28 he has more relationship experience than an 18 year old. I am all for the taking it slow approach to a relationship. You have to get to know him well before you make any commitments. Speed kills in a relationship so slow the truck down and just enjoy the time. You also don't have to be exclusive either after only a month.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 20, 2018, 04:37 PM
    You answered your own question by describing his faults in just a few sentences. You sound more expressive than he is. Sorry I assumed about gender. My response hasn't changed, however.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 20, 2018, 05:01 PM
    Should I Continue This Relationship?

What relationship? After 30 days unless you have an agreement, you are still acquaintances, and should just back up, and live your life and not build one around him. Here's a novel idea, let him call YOU. If he doesn't, then you will know you don't have a relationship to end.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I call it off, just be friends or continue the relationship? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 27 (28 very soon) and met whom I thought was the man of my dreams last year. We were friends first, and I thought we knew each other well when we became best friends and hung out al the time. Then, he told me he loved me, and I found I, too, was in love. We talked in terms of marriage, and he...

Can a person really continue on in a healthy relationship... [ 8 Answers ]

Can a person really continue on in a healthy relationship with someone they have been unfaithful to? Is it really possible to cheat on someone while in a long-term relationship, and later become engaged to them and marry, and have a healthy marriage? Is it possible if the cheater never reveals...

She wants to continue dating without a relationship [ 5 Answers ]

This site has helped me quite a bit over the last year. The advice provided here helped me to escape a bad relationship with a girl that was not good for me. Now I have met a girl who is a great person with whom I would love to start relationship. We have been dating nearly three months. I...

Should I continue this relationship [ 15 Answers ]

I have a boyfriend, but me and him were having problems so I met up with my ex because we are still good friends but I ended up getting off with him, I felt so guilty I had to tell my boyfriend and now he won't talkk to me. How do I get him to forgive me? It was a mistake and I seriously regret it...

I want to continue on with the relationship forever but.someone. [ 6 Answers ]

Hey everyone, If anyone could give me advice it would be gladly appreciated. Thank you. Hello, my name is Athena and I have a boyfriend. His name is Justin. I love him more than anything in the world and would do anything just to stay in his arms, however, I started having doubts that this...

View more questions Search