Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ggmagoo Posts: 41, Reputation: 6

Apr 12, 2007, 04:01 PM
    Have men loss all respect for women?
    I was thinking about the Imus thing and him referring to these women and “nappy headed ho’s”. It made me think about other derogator things men say to and about women. I also started to think about how our generation of women conduct themselves. We have women that sleep around with every man they meet. We have women that sleep with married men. I have heard from men that they are not concerned if they first girl they meet turns them down for sex, sooner than later the next one will say yes. I think about all these women in history that have made their mark in our society. They have made great efforts to change our status as women in the world. Today I see more of women’s flesh on TV then I see the use of their brains. Will our generation of women claim to fame be that we signal handedly put the oldest profession, prostitution out of business? Why don’t women have more respect for themselves and do men see this weakness and pounce (no pun intended) on the opportunity. We give it up so easily( and don't get paid for it), not only our bodies, but our mind, sprit and self respect.
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2007, 04:11 PM
    Hi GG,

Great post and Great questions. First, we as women need to respect ourselves and each other. Big time. Stop this silly nonsense of not rooting for each other. How about we stop sleeping with each other's boyfriends or husbands. Men can't be dogs if there is no one to walk them :D

How can men possibly respect us, hold the door open for us, watch their language while we our present, when we as "ladies", just our not acting as ladies. When we are pushing our way through the workplace, and what is the first thing a circle of women say, when another women gets promoted... "Gee, I wonder how she got THAT job". :rolleyes: grrrrr nothing makes me more upset.

Before we can even speak about or debate about how we are treated, we need to look inside our circle, and concern ourselves with how we treat each other. I wouldn't give us very high marks. We need and can do a whole heck of a lot better.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2007, 04:20 PM
    A man can only lose respect for the woman when the woman loses her own self respect. That is my two cents on that. If I am out there dressed like the proverbial lady in red then what should I expect? If I enter a bar and pick up the first guy who buys me a drink and take him home, should I expect him to respect me?

I guess it is about standards and accepting responsibilities for behavior and knowing consequences. But I see the generations following me as learning all about their rights and not having to accept any concequences. I have been called old-fashioned and I do not take that as an insult at all.

Who is to blame for this condition you describe? Where do you start? Hollywood, the media, the news (think on how much news time has been given to Anna Nicole Smith and not one decent picture of her shown, just her as slutty as she can be), loosening of sexual morals and mores, the list goes on. But we are at fault, for accepting this all as being the norm. History shows us that legislating morals never works. It just creates new immorality.

Teaching girls and boys to respect themselves and others - respect their bodies, their feelings, themselves esteem, the differences in each other, accepting themselves just as they are. Carry that through in the home and in school and in each environment the children are in. My oldest son, when he was in three years old, came home crying from preschool. Some child told him he was "strange" because he could not eat sweet snacks, he had to have fruit or vegetables, something without sugar. He was so upset that this other child picked on him. He said he told this boy, "I am just fine as I am. God made me and God does not make junk." He was right, God does not make junk. How can we keep our children believing that? To trasnlate that into adulthood and in their relationships?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2007, 04:22 PM
    I agree with Allheart - women can be cattier than cats when it comes to appraising the deeds of other women. Shame on us for that.
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2007, 04:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shygrneyzs
    I agree with Allheart - women can be cattier than cats when it comes to appraising the deeds of other women. Shame on us for that.
    We do a lot of damage to ourselves. That is so sad, but it can be easily fixed. We would be even stronger for it.
    ggmagoo Posts: 41, Reputation: 6

Apr 12, 2007, 04:31 PM
    I think it can be fixed, but I am not sure how "easy" it would be. I think the role a father plays in a young girls life makes a big differnce in how she will be as a women. Mothers need to step up and set good examples. Stop allow men to treat you like dirt in front of your children.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2007, 04:32 PM
    As a guy I made sure I didn't pick a woman like you described to marry. In fact I never was attracted to "loose" women for some reason. Nice ones are out there for sure but the 19-25 range do indeed seem to try to emulate the Paris Hilton style which is sad since it's not something to aspire to. Those girls that wear the large sunglasses make me laugh for some reason... sheep of fashion trends.

My job as a dad to a six year old little girl is to give her the self-respect and self-esteem she needs in order to not be a sheep in this world. So far so good. :)
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2007, 04:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    My job as a dad to a six year old little girl is to give her the self-respect and self-esteem she needs in order to not be a sheep in this world. So far so good. :)
    Need - that is so sweet and you are so right, the role of Dad and Mom as well, plays hugely on how a grown women views herself.

I am one of 5 girls ( I was my Dad's last hope for a boy- sorry Dad), but both Mom and Dad, expected and demanded that we always carried ourselves as ladies and treated each other with respect. My Dad especailly wanted us to always support each other, no matter what. Anything less was just unacceptable.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm not gay, but I think I'm attracted to women differently from other men? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm not gay, because I find women very attractive, but I've learned I don't see women as most men do. Most men seem obsessed with physical attractiveness. I like to see a pretty girl for sure, but I get more pleasure out of an emotional bonding than I think I would in a physical, sexual bonding. ...

Women and Men, infedility do they stray for sex or emotionally intimacy [ 2 Answers ]

My question is when Women and Men commit infedility in what order do they feel the need to have an affair 1. Sex 2. Emotional intimacy or 3. Love? Why are men and women different in this aspect?

Men and Women in 1600 [ 1 Answers ]

what are some roles of men and women in 1600?:o In england and america.

Good article men vs. Women [ 0 Answers ]

ENLIGHTENING RELATIONSHIPS Vive La Difference! By Carol Allen Published: 09/29/2006 Send This Article To a Friend "Why can't a woman be more like a man?" asks the protagonist in the Broadway hit, "My Fair Lady." Most women sing a similar tune all day, asking, "Why can't a...

Draft is back! 18 to 42 men and women [ 14 Answers ]

For those who missed the news: http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h109-4752 109TH CONGRESS H. R. 4752 2D SESSION

View more questions Search