Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Georgie501Johns Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2014, 08:22 PM
    I'm not enough
    My boyfriend for five years has lately been acting as if I'm not enough for him and like I'm not what he wants. He listens to other people over me when others talk about me, he acts different to other women and connects with them in a way that I can't, he flirts with his two ex girlfriends and is more friendly to them than me, he doesn't act affectionate towards me anymore, he gets angry and upset with me when things happen that are out of my control, and he never says he loves me. I've tried talking to him but he won't open up, I don't know what to do.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 12, 2014, 08:27 PM
    Why are you still with him?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Aug 12, 2014, 08:29 PM
    He sounds like a loser and you can probably do better. I am guessing both of you are fairly young. Was he your first boyfriend?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 13, 2014, 04:28 AM
    How old are you and is this the guy in your other post? 5 years is a long time to be with the same person when you are a teen (I assume) and it may well be time to make some changes, because you both have no doubt changed a lot in those 5 years. No doubt there will be even more changes to come.

Nothing ever stays the same forever.
    Georgie501Johns Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2014, 04:42 AM
    I'm 20 and he is 21, and yes he was

I'm 20 and he is 21. The boy in my other post is a family member. There have been many changes you're right, and I know there will be, but I didn't know if I should try and work with him through these changes.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 14, 2014, 05:21 AM
    Takes TWO willing partners to work through the changes life throws at you.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2014, 05:34 AM
    Read what you just wrote and ask yourself if this is a person you would consider dating. You forgot that it is up to you, too. Don't choose someone like this. You think it will be better in five more years, or will you be five years further into this trap? Move on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search