Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Thoa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2014, 09:34 AM
    Overseas girlfriend,I not working,stress
    I am 56years old.I meet girlfriend oversees 4 years ago.I took unpaid time off to see her as much as I can.I have gotten sick and have had 8 months off work so far.I get sick thinking about going back to work.I find myself getting very lazy.Not thinking straight.Not sleeping,not eating healthy. I went to doctor,told him about the bad headaches and the flu like pains all over my body.Had a lot of blood test and found nothing.My job has been keep open for me.But I hnow as soon as I go back I will get fired.I live alone and my savings are getting low.I am thinking of selling my house and move overseas.It is a lot cheeper to live there.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jul 29, 2014, 09:38 AM
    Is there a question here? I am not sure what you're looking for but I can tell you it sounds like you are fighting depression.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2014, 09:58 AM
    You act like you can simply decide you want to live in another country and move there. Well you can't, they ALL require you to get a VISA. Most of them require you to have a job and a sponsor... but it is far from anything like moving to a new city or state... and its not cheap. You MIGHT get permission if you apply, but you have to do that first.

I've done it twice... first time it was over a job.. but it didn't allow me to remain there after the job ended... adn the second time I actually had a legal right to live and work their indefinitely because I had all the paperwork needed.

I agree with Odinn7, your real problem here sounds like depression and needs to be treated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

H1B working overseas [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I am working for a US company on H1B now. The company got a project in Saudi Arabia starting the middle of the next year. Is there any problem for me to work overseas for 1~2 years? Do I need to do anything (renew or refile) when I come back to US and work for the same company? What about...

H1b working overseas tax [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am on a valid H1b employed and paid in US in USD. My project being overseas(qatar) I have been in qatar since Oct 2009.I know for tax exemtion I have to be out of US for 330 out of 365 days for which I qualify. 1) As an H1b am I eligible for this exemption? 2) Also, my fiancé works in...

US resident working for UN overseas [ 5 Answers ]

I am US resident working for a UN agency in SUDAN. Am I at risk of losing my PR, if I come back to US once or twice a year? What regulations apply to my situation? Thanks. AlienTax

Working overseas temporarily [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I think this is one of the best help-sites I have come across and all the responses that I have reviewed from others have been sincere, interesting and educational. But now I have a questions related to taxes and it is this. In a nutshell: I work for a public telecom company who will...

Living overseas and not working [ 2 Answers ]

So I lived in the UK from Dec 2001 till March of this year. I know I filed taxes for the tax year of the year I moved. But since then I have not worked, and there for not filed taxes, as my accountant mother instructed me to do. Now I have married a Brit and we are in the process of applying for...

View more questions Search