Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jacquira Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2014, 07:13 AM
    Confused and Sad
    I was a girlfriend of a ex military man when he was in his 20's, we were together for a year and everything was going great, he was the one talking about longer relationship, came into all my social and family circles, He introduce me to his parents right away and all his family and friends. At the time of his daughter graduation from college, we had an argument about the way his ex wife was introducing me to the other friends (as friend), I mention to him smiling that if I was only his friend and why she introduce me like that. We had a very big misunderstanding that day, he thought that I got jealous but that wasn't the case, that he broke up the peaceful relationship we had for a year of a lot of compatibility, we had; he broke up that day... I have tried to talk but he didn't return calls or texts... his attitude was as cold as it can be and careless... If this behavior has anything to do to the fact that he is a former military?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 29, 2014, 09:38 AM
    I think it had more to do with you bringing up the way his wife introduces you than anything and there may be more conflicts than this going on than you know between them, or you two. Just curious what you expected him to do about the way his wife introduces you? Maybe after a year he is revealing his true character, or how he deals with stress in his life.

I don't know, but back off and see if he cools off later. He obviously doesn't want to talk about it and maybe things were not as perfect as you thought. I mean to end things after an argument/misunderstanding is extreme and radical for whatever reason and raises a BIG red flag.
    Jacquira Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2014, 08:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    I think it had more to do with you bringing up the way his wife introduces you than anything and there may be more conflicts than this going on than you know between them, or you two. Just curious what you expected him to do about the way his wife introduces you? Maybe after a year he is revealing his true character, or how he deals with stress in his life.

I don't know, but back off and see if he cools off later. He obviously doesn't want to talk about it and maybe things were not as perfect as you thought. I mean to end things after an argument/misunderstanding is extreme and radical for whatever reason and raises a BIG red flag.
    Thank you very much for your answer,and yes I think he revealed his true character and how he deals with stress and apparently for his reaction, he prefers to run away (ironic for a person who was in the air force). About you being curious.. for his EX wife introduction, I expected him to be the one introducing me as his couple or girlfriend as he had being doing in Florida... he then told me at the time of the conflict that he didn't like "titles" This incident by the way happened in Missouri, could it be a cultural thing to introduce people girlfriends/boyfriends as friends only? Maybe I misunderstood and it cost me the relationship. How sad
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 29, 2014, 09:13 PM
    Personally I think you may have overreacted to being introduced as a "friend." You probably should have left it alone and waited until later to discuss this. This was a big day for his daughter and you should not have been concerned with titles in a situation like this.

No, it's not a cultural thing in Missouri, I live on the boarder of Tennessee and Missouri, we use the boyfriend/girlfriend title. Now, if HE had said that, I could understand your upset, but it was his ex wife. You should have left well enough alone.

With that said, I do think that he carried it a little too far by breaking up with you over this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am so sad and confused [ 1 Answers ]

I am so sad and confused. When I met this guy I thought he was the love of my life, he was perfect for me. He was caring, loving and he made me so happy. After two years he has changed so much, he is so jealous and he fights every time. He treats me bad, calls me names, and he thinks that I have...

Confused and sad about him [ 0 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfriend for 7 years throughout high school, college and now university. (All different schools to him) I'm now 22 and he's 24 and we have never split up or even had a serious argument. I travel for over an hour a few times a week just to see him and I've been doing the same...

Sad & confused [ 1 Answers ]

I've just had a 8 year affair end on a bad note... The past years it seems that my girlfriend would get really mad about simple things like me not answering her phones calls whenever she called or even when I leave her at night to return home.The last straw was when I wasn't there when she was...

Confused and sad [ 2 Answers ]

So, I'm 15 years old Last summer I really like a guy whose just bigger than me 2 years. He used to talk to me but I thought he was fooling around as I thought he didn't deserve me as he was better(the biggest mistake I made) because I never did talk to him back. He thought I was fooling him...

Confused & Sad [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I had been dating my boyfriend for 7 months when he was involved in an accident. He has now been in hospital over 4 months and will be there for at least another 9. Although badly physically, he is recovering and will get better. When I first met him, he was still getting over a previous...

View more questions Search