Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eddie5498 Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Feb 26, 2013, 12:00 PM
    Should I feel hurt that my boyfriend doesn't want me by his side at daughters wedding
    Hi, I'm back again and still with the boyfriend who went away with his ex and we got through that . He went to thailand in January for one month and rang me and text/emailed most of the time saying he wished I was there and couldn't wait to see me. We met up and the night didn't go as well as planned and he went a bit distant on me, arranged to see me on the Monday night and then pulled out of it.

We patched it up and he asked me if I wanted to go out for a meal - would I like that so I said yes and he said the expense didn't matter as long as it was good. I chose somewhere within budget but nice . When we got to the place he told me to choose him soemthing off the menu as he didn't have his glasses and told me to order something at the bar and whilst I was at it to get myself a drink.

I had to pay as it was pay at the bar- he didn't offer to pay and got up to go suggesting that we would have to go to the supermarket for dessert.

I said something when we got home and he accused me of being bothered about the money. I said it was to do with the bad way he treated me not the money.

He ssemed sorry and came to see me in the week and said he would book us a weekend away to leave it to him. Then he started saying it was expensive in england and chheaper abroad. ( He is going on a stag night this weekend in leeds at the hilton ) and to munich in march for a weekend no expense spared for his son in laws stag night - all arranged before he met me.

The wedding is in Aoril and his daughter has asked him if he is taking anyone and he has told her no and that he will be OK with his son to acompany him. He said to her he didn't want to throw mw into the lions den with the family and his wife's relatives.

Should I feel hurt that I am not going , even though his daughter has invited me ?

Is it just another thing I have to accept along with the holiday to egypt with the ex because it was booked before me, the thai hol full of thai antics in lap dancing clubs and massage parlours .

I see the reasons he gave for rme not going to the wedding or not taking me for that meal( it was a misunderstanding apparantly) on his part and not coming up with the goods on the weekend away as excuses and it tels me everything.

I was fed up at the weekend so I never showed up at his place when I said Iwas and let him down like he has me .

He was upset and said he couldn't understand what he has done wrong.

I explained about the wedding , meal and he said he needs to go it alone as he hasn't seen his ex wife's family for 9 years and it is going to be stressful . Needs tohandle it in his own way he said. Based on this am I daft feeling put out ?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 26, 2013, 12:40 PM
    Why don't you give him the benefit of a doubt and just leave off him on this. He is the only one that knows what his previous family was/is like and wants you not yob stressed out as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend will be sitting with his xwife at his daughters wedding. [ 4 Answers ]

His daugter has asked me to sit with her Mom's boyfriend who I have never met. He won't have other family members there. Am I out of line is I say I prefer to be with my kids and family and suggest the boyfriend sits with the mom's family?

I live with my boyfriend of 2 years but I feel like he doesn't love me. [ 12 Answers ]

We dated at school over 20 years ago and he got in touch with me on FB. We hit it off straight away but he was always very self centered. We have been living together now for over a year. Last year was dreadful, arguing every couple of weeks, sleeping separately for a couple of weeks then...

Why does my ear feel clogged, but it doesn't hurt. I also feel dizzy [ 11 Answers ]

Ok my husband woke up on Monday with his ear clogged, another thing he doesn't have any pain just ringing. It is Wednsday and all of a sudden today he started feeling dizzy. I am kind of worried. He went to the doctor today and she said that both of his ears looked good.

Not sure how to feel about daughters dishonest boyfriend. [ 16 Answers ]

My 21 yr old daughter has been dating a guy for 4 1/2 years now. He's been a pretty good kid so far but they recently broke up because she found out he had cheated on her in some way. He said he knew it was wrong because it made him feel sick and that's how he knew my daughter is the one he wanted...

View more questions Search