Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amber8904 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2013, 02:20 PM
    My boyfriend seems distant
    So here's my situation its kind of a long story. My boyfriend of 3 years is starting to be more distant from me, like after he gets of work at five he hangs out with his friends till nine or ten then comes home and goes to bed right away. He has two days off and we live with parents and they were going to be gone for the day which they never do and I thought cool we will have quality time together which rarely happens, nope I thought wrong he left telling me hed be right back, not true was gone all day without calling. Our sex life has gone down the drain everything has, when we moved out of this town our relationship was 100% better, but we had to move back here cause we got laid off from our jobs, and our relationship is bad again. I don't know what to do I'm sad and angry all the timei have no friends in this stupid town and my family hates me, I have no job, and I have no where to go but I'm so unhappy, please help any will be greatly appreciated.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Feb 13, 2013, 02:27 PM
    You need to get a social life instead of sitting around waiting for him. If you can't find work, do some volunteer work, that will get you out of the house and around other people.
    How old are you?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2013, 03:42 PM
    Homegirl's answer is Great! Being a volunteer, like at a hospital, or library, or somewhere public, is a great way to get away from this. I would leave him, and let him find someone else. A good relationship needs respect, caring, honesty, and a willingness to talk about anything. Sounds like he has lost most of these things.
    I think you would be better off without him, and start looking around for yourself. Good luck.

Feb 13, 2013, 06:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50 View Post
    You need to get a social life instead of sitting around waiting for hin. If you can't find work, do some volunteer work, that will get you out of the house and around other people.
    How old are you?
    Ya I was thinking about volunteering, I just don't like this town everyone I was friends with here either stabbed me in the back or made up horrible rumors about its hard for me to trust people up here, I just want to move on with my life somewhere else and have a fresh start you know, I want to do it with him but I don't know if he's ready as I am, it is hard cause I love him so much, I don't know if he feels the same anymore. And I'm 21 years old.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Feb 13, 2013, 06:38 PM
    Volunteer at a hospital or something. I think you need to stay away from him. Do something with your life that does not involve him. Have you ever thought of joining the Reserves or National guards. You can travel meet new people.

Feb 13, 2013, 06:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50 View Post
    Volunteer at a hospital or something. I think you need to stay away from him. Do something with your life that does not involve him. Have you ever thought of joining the Reserves or National guards. You can travel meet new people.
    No I haven't thought about that I want to go to California and go into marine biology for my major. There I can go to school and meet more people, I wish he would open his eyes. Have you dated someone like this?
    Dating & Teen Expert

Feb 13, 2013, 06:57 PM
    Going away and studying would be good for you. I did once, left him. It was the smartest thing I ever did.

Feb 14, 2013, 02:32 AM
    My boyfriend doesn't or want to have sex rarely (very rarely)
    Please I've been looking for an answer every where litarally cause its bugging me so bad. My boyfriend of 3 years works most of the day, sometimes doesn't come home till later like nine or ten (this just started recently) because he claims he's hanging out with an old friend that he wants to hang out with more before he leaves to Utah. By the way I've never met this person. He rarely wants to have sex anymore, sometimes he comes after a while than usual, sometimes he doesn't at all and quits saying he's tired. Idk what to think, either I'm being paranoid, cause we do live with his parents for now, and does work a lot but still I've noticed strange changes. Like barely ever touching or kissing. And I've been with a lot of guys in the past that have cheated on me, and apparently from everyone I've talked my boyfriend is not the type to cheat. Sorry its so long but thank you for taking the time to read. Any advice is greatly appreciated. :-)
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 14, 2013, 05:35 AM
    I imagine living with ones parents would put a damper on sexual activity. Maybe he is being honest with his reasons and you are paranoid.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is she being distant? [ 2 Answers ]

So I've been dating a my lady for 2 months and things were going good and we've had some small issues but we overcame those and moved forward... Last week I was sick and she would check up on me and leave me lunch at work since we are coworkers... now I'm one of the first guys she has had a...

Distant [ 0 Answers ]

So here is my question. Me and my partner have been together for 2 and a half years its been really wonderful and we have had a time where he stuffed up and I took him back. We have a wonderful baby girl. But recently he has been very distant towards me won't touch me its been nearly 3 weeks since...

Girlfriend has been distant. [ 13 Answers ]

Here's the story: My girlfriend and I have been dating for about 8 months. We are both in college, and have been friends for over a year and a half. When we started dating things were perfect, real love at its finest. When we got back to school in the fall, we began fighting a little more. In the...

Why is he being so distant? [ 4 Answers ]

I am so confused.. I have been with my boyfriend for over two years and I love him very very much, he has always been very romantic and affectionate until recently. I struggle to even get a kiss or hug out of him and its really really bothering me. He hasn't been completely ignoring me we see each...

Distant ex-boyfriend [ 4 Answers ]

My ex-boyfriend and I spent time together in New York last week. He was very defensive towards me when we last spoke. I told him not to contact me anymore because I don’t need that type of negativity in my life. Does anyone foresee him changing for the better? Is he going to be negative like this...

View more questions Search