Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lightfrog16 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2013, 03:41 AM
    Why does my boyfriend avoid me and try to run?
    Me and my boyfriend have been together for 10 months, may not seem like a long time but it means a lot. Over the past month we've been arguing and its mainly about him gradually losing contact with me. I was on the phone to his best friend last night for about an hour and he basically told me that I have to balance time for friends and time for each other. Hes told me he doesn't like talking over Facebook, his phone no longer works so he doesn't text or phone me, however he can still phone me off his house phone.. hes never done it before but he chooses not to. He used to call me and talk a lot over Facebook or whatever but he's stopped, today he told me that he doesn't want to spend lunch with me anymore. Hes stopped visiting my house and blames the reason for not coming over is because of my younger brother and sister and we always get 'disturbed' from our time alone. Which means I have to go to his house. Usually whenever he wants to see me I go over and I'm round at his as soon as.

Hes told me and so has his best friend that there is no one else involved and he's not talking to other girls in that way. He used to surprise me with adorable things, he put a candle lit dinner out which was a few months ago. As I have been kept behind a year in high school and should be in his year, he's going to college next year or maybe a little less than a year, he believes that it won't work when he goes to college. I'm scared if he meets another girl and she's better than me.

I've been so upset about everything and I want him to be the way he was a few months ago, how do I give him space? Why is he so uninterested in me now? Help me regain everything back :(
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 12, 2013, 09:31 AM
    You cannot regain what was, only communicate honestly to adjust and build a better foundation to move forward on. Lack off honest communications is your problem, and maybe an unwillingness on his part to make it better.

I know you are afraid of things ending soon, but he does seem to be preparing you for his leaving soon. Maybe its not losing interest in you but a growing interest in the things to come in his own life. High school to college is often a life changing event, and to give space, you must be less available for what he wants while you have something that you want, besides him, to focus on.

You are right though and it's a red flag that he expects you to do for him, but does nothing for you. That's something to pay CLOSE attention too.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2013, 09:37 AM
    Ten months isn't a very long time. He isn't interested anymore, it sounds like. I do hope you will meet some other people. If you are honest, respectful, and smile, you will make many friends. Best wishes, and good luck.

Feb 12, 2013, 10:12 AM
    What should I do?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 12, 2013, 10:57 AM
    Get a happy social life without him. With friends, and activities you enjoy as you explore your world. Its never a good idea to be so attached to someone that you make them a priority, while you are but an option to them.

Feb 12, 2013, 11:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Get a happy social life without him. With friends, and activities you enjoy as you explore your world. Its never a good idea to be so attached to someone that you make them a priority, while you are but an option to them.
    Thanks a lot, I'm just abit minded right now x

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heat pump fan will run on manual but won't run on automatic [ 0 Answers ]

The fan that puts the air in the house won't run at all on auto. But you can put it on manual or on and it will run. Service man said when he checked it out he couldn't find anything wrong. He suggested we get the power company to check the transformer on the pole but all of that checked out as...

My boyfriend is trying to change but I have run out of patience [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I have been dating this guy for six years now. I am 24 and he is 28. I really love him and I don't want him to go. He is damn lazy. But earning in a full time job which is not paying him according to his capabilities, and I know he can do much better if he tries. He doesn't save and also...

Admiral model ade7005ayw motor noise will not run when you press to run [ 0 Answers ]

Admiral electric dryer model ade7005ayw motor noise will not run when you press to run

Wiring a ceiling fan in middle of run, outlet at end of run [ 5 Answers ]

I am wiring a bedroom ceiling fan and just needed someone to help me figure out part of the wiring I'm not sure about. The goal is to have a 2 gang switch control the light and the fan separately. The switch is at the beginning of the run, then the ceiling fan, and then I also have an "always...

View more questions Search