Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    careful Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2007, 05:27 AM
    How do I fall in love again?
    I was with a guy for almost two years and we were in love within two months. To me our relationship was great but he had a bunch of insicurities. As a result of this it causued us to have a hard horrible break up. He said and did things that I would have never thought he would have done to me. It has been almost 7 months now and I have met this guy who is really sweet. He has been there for me through all of the things I've gone through for the past year and a half. He is so in love with me, but I can't seem to feel the same about him. It's so hard because I want to fall in love with him so bad but I can't what do I do?
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2007, 06:31 AM
    Firstly u can't force yourself to fall in love, its as simple as that!

Maybe u just need more time to slowly start to love him, after all if you have been through such a hard break-up, give yourself some credit and come to terms with it and realise that things do take time.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 15, 2007, 07:34 AM
    It seems you may not be ready for a relationship at that level right now. Don't force it just be honest and give yourself more time. You also may confuse gratitude for this person being there for you with love and that is something you will have to come to terms with. The worse thing you can do is jump into something you are not ready for and not give yourself a chance to heal. You cannot rush the process so take your time.
    rol Posts: 804, Reputation: 162

Mar 15, 2007, 08:01 AM
    <The worse thing you can do is jump into something you are not ready for and not give yourself a chance to heal.>>

Yeah it takes time, I'm 10 months on now and just feel about ready to perhaps dating again. Ill probably wait until a year though.
    At 7 months I would not have been at all ready. I met some lovely guys around that time but anytime one would even touch my shoulder or my hair I would do a big pullaway and I explained what had happened and that I was not ready for anything.

Give yourself more time, and see how you feel.
    Stunning07 Posts: 193, Reputation: 25

Mar 19, 2007, 08:46 PM
    Don't go searching. Just let it come to you
    robertsqueen Posts: 376, Reputation: 43

Mar 19, 2007, 08:49 PM
    When it is right you will know it. Love will find you... you won't find it.
    Barrabas Posts: 19, Reputation: 3

Mar 19, 2007, 10:02 PM
    Are you looking for love or the feeling of being in love? These are 2 different things careful - one is a decision while the other is something we usually find ourselves into.

There will come a time when familiarity will come and seep in, and when that time comes, the enchantment of being “in” love may fade, and if we have not surpassed towards true and bare love by that time, everything will become unbearable and regret might break you apart. When the feeling of being in love wanes, love must remain. That is why we must seize that which we prize quite greatly with each other and “unromanticize” it, leaving it grounded in reality and accepting it as it is without the “sweetness” of being in love. Here's a letter I wrote for my wife 8 years before we actually met.

"Here, alone, I cannot help but think of you. All I could ever think of are your smiles, your eyes, your laughter, your voice, the way you carry yourself so gently yet so strongly, the way you think and talk to me so silently yet so loudly, the way you look at me, filled with something I do not clearly understand yet very much addicting, I wish I could hold you at this very moment – that is all I ever want to do and to think of. It is during this time that I understand and realize how time gains meaning only through being with you, where it becomes so fast and so slow at the same time. Not a single moment passes by that I do not think of you; you constantly draw me to your presence – here, time and space cease, distance becomes powerless, I know we are always together. I have loved you with a love far greater than myself, the kind of love I want to share to you, the kind of love that constantly feels and accepts - a love that is i am. "
    phoenix1664 Posts: 226, Reputation: 19

Mar 20, 2007, 04:36 AM
    Don't force yourself it will happen you just haft to be patient love can take time its not like switching on a light I am sure you will just give it time.
    amylc Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Nov 28, 2007, 08:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by careful
    i was with a guy for almost two years and we were in love within two months. To me our relationship was great but he had a bunch of insicurities. As a result of this it causued us to have a hard horrible break up. He said and did things that I would of never thought he would have done to me. It has been almost 7 months now and I have met this guy who is really sweet. He has been there for me through all of the things I've gone through for the past year and a half. He is so in love with me, but I can't seem to feel the same about him. It's so hard because I want to fall in love with him so bad but I can't what do I do?
    Ask yourself what did I do in my last relationship to put myself in a position to be hurt? Did I not spend the time to really get to know him before I was willing to commit to him? Did I hop in bed with him too soon; thus, feeling a psudo commitment? Why was I so stupid? Do some work on yourself. Don't torture some sweet guy with a I need to save the damsel complex. That is mean and stupid, because he is confusing love with need. Eventually you will be dumped again, but this time with a guy that you never really cared for.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lyrics for "let's stop before we fall in love" [ 1 Answers ]

Help! Could someone please give me the lyrics to "let's stop before we fall in love?" I've been unsuccessful in searchin got it on the internet. The first couple of lines go, "I belong to her, you belong to him. We keep on playing a game we'll never win. We've got to stop, before the hurt...

Water Fall [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am new to this but I drastically need help. Less than two years ago, I moved into a manufactured home and for the past year I have had to contact these people who I bought the home from to get my problem taken care of. Both times they put it back on. In the master bathroom, one of the...

When can I fall pregnant [ 3 Answers ]

What time of month can I fall pregnant?

Me Fall Down Go Boom [ 1 Answers ]

What cartoon character (probably 50's or very early 60's) was responsible for the phrase?

Scary fall :( [ 31 Answers ]

Ugh I slipped and fell down about 4 stairs last night, didn't really hurt myself badly, but I went into early labour! (I am just at 7 months right now) So, Alex rushed me to the hospital and they were able to stop the labour. I am apparently fine, although I am supposed to take it easy now, and...

View more questions Search