Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jammern Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2012, 10:21 AM
    I think I cheated
    Hi there. I feel really guilty. I had a party at my house last night. I have a girlifriend but she has been on holiday for the past week. I'd had a few to drink and I tried it on with my friends girlfriend. Nothing actually happened but I slipped my hand down her trousers and back out again. She laughed and that was the end of it. No one knows about it -she doesn't even remember- but I feel guilty. I love my girlfriend very much and she knows it, but the idea of me cheating on her and betraying her trust is on my mind. Been with her almost a year now and I don't want to ruin a perfectly amazing relationship. What do I do? Do I tell my girlfriend? Or do I just stop thinking about it and move on?
    Many thanks
    clareAD2000 Posts: 67, Reputation: -1

Aug 5, 2012, 10:30 AM
    Just try and tell her how much you love her and how you think she is so honest sometimes people crack under the guilt pressure and maybe she will confess or you will make her feel bad either way you know if she is feeling bad or tries to be really nice to you some times something is going on
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 5, 2012, 10:35 AM
    Since you both were drunk, I wouldn't say anything to the girlfriend, but definitely stop getting drunk and doing stupid things. Of course, if the girl you did this to is going to joke about it with your girlfriend, you'd better head that off and tell her yourself

Aug 5, 2012, 10:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by clareAD2000 View Post
    just try and tell her how much you love her and how you think she is so honest sometimes people crack under the guilt pressure and maybe she will confess or you will make her feel bad either way you know if she is feeling bad or trys to be really nice to you some times some thing is going on
    I think you may have misunderstood me
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 5, 2012, 10:40 AM
    Let me see you love her so much, you stuck your hand down another girls pants and that was a girlfriend of your friend? Some friend, what will he think of it ?

What if your girlfriend on holiday did the same to some guy, it was only a feel right ?

Sorry if you love her you would not be doing this, drinking is not an excuse. But most likely more of a problem.

Aug 5, 2012, 10:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Since you both were drunk, I wouldn't say anything to the girlfriend, but definitely stop getting drunk and doing stupid things. Of course, if the girl you did this to is going to joke about it with your girlfriend, you'd better head that off and tell her yourself
    Okay, thank you very much for your answer

Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Let me see you love her so much, you stuck your hand down another girls pants and that was a girlfriend of your friend? Some friend, what will he think of it ?

What if your girlfriend on holiday did the same to some guy, it was only a feel right ?

Sorry if you love her you would not be doing this, drinking is not an excuse. But most likely more of a problem.
    Ouch xD but yes I see your point nonetheless
    However, you still haven't answered the original question(s)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 5, 2012, 10:46 AM
    Does this mean your girlfriend can't trust you at all, especially when you are drunk or have been drinking?

Aug 5, 2012, 10:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Does this mean your girlfriend can't trust you at all, especially when you are drunk or have been drinking?
    Well, I have never done anything even close to this before whilst drunk. And I can usually control myself pretty well, but last night I was generally being a fool. I definitely would not attempt this kind of stupid stunt ever again, and that is certain.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 5, 2012, 11:15 AM
    Drunks often feel guilty about the stuff they do when drunk. Guilt AND shame. Comes with the territory of drinking too much. At least you remember your stupidity. Will you be as lucky next time? Maybe not!

If this scares you into better behavior, that's great, but should you keep it secret from your girlfriend? I think NOT. If she finds out about the depths of your drunken behavior from any one but you, there is hell to pay.

If YOU tell her of the depth of your drunken behavior, there will be hell to pay!

The moral is that drunks will catch hell one way or another. So chose how you will pay for your hell.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Aug 5, 2012, 11:45 AM
    I used to get drunk quite a bit and had many opportunities presented to me but I never did anything like that to someone I claimed to love. Are you sure you really love her? Being drunk is a poor excuse.

Learn from it and then let it go. Telling her will not help anything.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

We've Both Cheated, But He's Cheated Multiple Times - Is There Any Hope? [ 5 Answers ]

I have been with my husband for almost 14 years, married for 5 years. He has cheated with random girls multiple times over the years. It has always been like a one night stand type of situation, no side relationship but regardless a definite trust-breaker. In 2010 we lost our second child and he...

Have you ever cheated in a relationship or been cheated on? [ 12 Answers ]

Was it obvious you/your partner was cheating or did they seem sweet and innocent?

How do I know if he cheated? [ 3 Answers ]

I recently broke up with a guy I really really liked because I was told he was cheating on me. But I can't help wondering if he really did cheat as I was too upset and hurt to ask him straight if he did. The person who told me was a close friend of mine, but she was also his ex from a couple years...

He told me he cheated. Now he tells me .he lied and never cheated! [ 11 Answers ]

Ok a month ago my boyfriend had told me he cheated on me! So obviously I broke up with him. And a week ago he told me he never really did cheat on me.. like the girl tried to kiss him but he never answered the kiss. He says he feels guilty from that. And he said he told me he cheated on me to test...

View more questions Search