Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    whatcanidotofix Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2012, 03:19 AM
    I know my girlfriend wants to break up with me but she won't say why?
    We live together... we worked together up until last week. Things have been different last 5 months. We maybe have sex once a week. She's into girls which is fine. She talks about me behind my back so my friends say. My friends say I should just end it with her. I don't know what to do. Help?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 5, 2012, 04:39 AM
    I don't know how we could possibly know what she is thinking. You already have advice from friends, yet here you are asking total strangers. Why? Usually that means you want to hear different answers than what friends are giving. I for one am not going there.
    ASK HER what is going on!
    And never go by rumor, only what you heard and saw directly.
    Also, you are not a passive puppet. If things aren't going well, take action. Don't wait and wonder.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 5, 2012, 04:58 AM
    She lives with you, so she maybe can't afford or does not think she can afford to live on her own. You let her it appears be with other people sexually ( women) so she is having the best of all of it.

Aug 5, 2012, 05:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    I don't know how we could possibly know what she is thinking. You already have advice from friends, yet here you are asking total strangers. Why? Usually that means you want to hear different answers than what friends are giving. I for one am not going there.
    ASK HER what is going on!
    And never go by rumor, only what you heard and saw directly.
    Also, you are not a passive puppet. If things aren't going well, take action. Don't wait and wonder.
    OK so I have seen some stuff on her phone... I went through it and some of the texts I saw said something about wanting to break up... and advice from a friend that told her to do so... also seen her Facebook... and it said some of the same... kinda... but for all this stuff she said she still has not taking any advice and has not broke up with me... nor have I taking any advice and broke it off first... we have talked somewhat about things and we have are good days and bad ones... I think she just cannot be happy long term or - she's bi polar... I do everything I can for her... changed a lot... yet she has changed nothing really.. . my friends think she is selfish... sex is not fun like it used to be... shes not how she used to be since we moved in together 6 months ago... ive even thought of cheating on her... but that's not me... I don't know what to do anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    She lives with you, so she maybe can't afford or does not think she can afford to live on her own. You let her it appears be with other people sexually ( women) so she is having the best of all of it.
    Yes she can be... I want a threesome but it has not happened yet... had a girl that I had sex with before her lined up she seemed to like yet it did not happen... I was thinking about, cheating on her but that kind of thing is not, me.. . I don't know what to do about all this... she seems selfish and two faced at times... lil bi polar... if things go good for her she's nice to me.. . if s wrong she blames me for it all... im tired of it... want her to be like she was before... im now always stressed out... dont know what to do...
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 5, 2012, 06:43 AM
    AH, the ol' 'I want her to be like she was before.. '

Guess what? That won't even happen on another planet in another universe in another dimension.
    Here's the first two lines to a little song I started to write:
    The tritest sayings are oftenest true
    I'm in love with a memory that never was you.

Aug 5, 2012, 07:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    AH, the ol' 'I want her to be like she was b4..'

Guess what? That won't even happen on another planet in another universe in another dimension.
    Here's the first two lines to a little song I started to write:
    The tritest sayings are oftenest true
    I'm in love with a memory that never was you.
    so what would be your advice since you read my reply... what would you do? I still care about her... but don't know what it is I should do...
    KittyLover7 Posts: 11, Reputation: 3

Aug 5, 2012, 08:47 AM
    Ok ima chick so I know these things... I am a very blunt and to the point person I don't know if you are but here we go... sit her down and don't beat around the bush.. don't seem upset be serious and ask her do you want to be with me or not... it pisses me off when girls or guys do that Ina relationship and your girl needs to be straight up... u seem like a great guy and she seems selfish... another possibility is her friends don't like you and they are trying to pressure her into breaking up wit u... u can only love someone if they love themselves.. and selfish people don't love themselves... there are many gorgeous fish in the sea... I think you deserve better bud... I didn't think there was anyone else out there for me with my last ex and I'm still happy even though I'm single... the right one will come at the right time I promise... I hope all goes well for you I know how heart wrenching it is:(... been there done that... young love sucks especially when your 18 lol

Aug 5, 2012, 11:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KittyLover7 View Post
    Ok ima chick so I know these things...I am a very blunt and to the point person idk if u r but here we go...sit her down and don't beat around the bush..don't seem upset be serious and ask her do you want to be with me or not....it pisses me off when girls or guys do that Ina relationship and ur girl needs to be straight up...u seem like a great guy and she seems selfish...another possibility is her friends don't like u and they r trying to pressure her into breaking up wit u...u can only love someone if they love themselves..and selfish people don't love themselves...there are many gorgeous fish in the sea...I think u deserve better bud...I didn't think there was anyone else out there for me with my last ex and I'm still happy even though I'm single...the right one will come at the right time I promise...I hope all goes well for you I know how heart wrenching it is:(...been there done that...young love sucks especially when ur 18 lol
    o its not her friends they are mine... since we worked at the same place they have heard her say all this stuff about are probs and some other stuff she should not be talking about... most of the people their hate her... only talk to her because we are together... they said they have my back... they have known me for six years her only one... they have snaped on her for talking about me... I still care about her and live with her... so I will try to talk to her... but everything does not come out because we never finish talking... can't tell her I've seen some of the texts on her phone or some of the messages on Facebook... so I can't tell her I know what she's been saying... maybe we stay together because we live together... maybe I'm scared of things being over... we used to be so happy.. everyday... now we are only happy somedays... its like she's not the girl I fell in love with anymore really... even her mom sees it... I want it to - work out but I don't have much hope left...
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 5, 2012, 12:14 PM
    I see many things wrong with the co worker romance. Everybody, her friends, and yours, are in your business, and you both talk a lot to others about each other, but not between you two.

The lack of honest communications is the root of this dilemma, and way too much input by well meaning friends, YOURS, and hers.

Just me, I would be talking to her, and even tell her that I had been snooping thru her phone, and her facebook, and she would have 30 days to leave, unless we talked it out. That's the difference between me and you, I would not be so afraid of losing her that I would allow this confusing drama to run through my head, and not address it face to face... all of it.

That's what YOU should be doing,dealing with this face to face, person to person, and keep everyone else out of your business. But I take a dim view of work place romance too! Too much gossip through the grapevine. Who needs that?
    KittyLover7 Posts: 11, Reputation: 3

Aug 5, 2012, 12:43 PM
    Just tell her she isn't the same person she was and she's acting different an doesn't seem like she loves you the same and seems she wants to break up... demand the truth... I think that's probably the best advice I can give you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ex girlfriend still loves but won't speak to me [ 0 Answers ]

I was with my ex girlfriend for 2 years & generally we got well together, had nice holidays etc. After a while things didn't seem right & I wasn't paying her enough attention & working too much. Anyway, would had a stupid argment on a night out & haven't seen her since, its been 3 weeks now &...

Girlfriend of year and half wants a break/break up [ 14 Answers ]

Hello everyone. This is my first time posting hopefully you guys can help me out here. I have been with the same girl for on off about 3 years now. The most recent time we have been going out has been a year and a half and now all of a sudden she wants a break/breakup. I guess I kind of saw...

View more questions Search