Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Squiffy Posts: 499, Reputation: 84

Feb 22, 2007, 02:38 PM
    My partner and I have an age gap of 7 years, it doesn't cause us any problems. My advice would be to get to know her, don't rsh into the whole sex thing, it's a bad move depending on where you live. Meet her parents, be the perfect respectful gentlemanly friend. It might be boring and time consuming but if she is special she will be worth it.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 22, 2007, 09:38 PM
    Sorry I can't get past the lying about her age. What else has she lied about, and what else will she lie about? What kind of relationship do you think can be built on a lie?
    Hopeful1 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Feb 22, 2007, 11:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dasd123321
    I'm 20 years old and i have been speaking to this girl who i recently found out was 16. We like eachother, do you think its wrong getting into a relationship with her? Is the age gap too big?
    If you are really in love with this girl, you will leave her alone. The two of you are in completely different positions in life. She is still dependent on her parents and you may not be. 18 and 19 are acceptable. 16 and 17 are not. The other option is to call her up in a couple of years! =)
    shizukamelodi Posts: 76, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2007, 02:27 AM
    Wel OK , try and keep in touch tell her that ina few years maybe , but she is too young at the moment to think about that sort of stuff.I live in spain so the age gap rule I don't know.and after the while if you still have feelings for her go and ask her.but dun rush into sex it might scare her.
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Jul 3, 2007, 02:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by chuff
    Just out of curiosity..........you know I mean just for trivia..............what countries might those be....................no reason................ummmmmm nevermind, just scratch that thought.
    Here you go chuff;

Age of consent - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I knew The Netherlands was set at 14... but 12 for other countries! That's... wrong! :eek:
    L-001-06-H Posts: 45, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2007, 08:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    Sorry I can't get past the lying about her age. What else has she lied about, and what else will she lie about? What kind of relationship do you think can be built on a lie?
    Tell me, when did he say she specifically LIED about her age? I've seen this post somewhere else too. ;)

Edit: tell me talaniman, what are you dissagreeing to? What did I say that's incorrect here, because I only made one statement, and that you even agree too. Also, I can prove that if you're saying you never said that before, that you are full of crap. Would you like a link?
    Expert

Jul 15, 2007, 09:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by L-001-06-H
    tell me, when did he say she specifically LIED about her age? i've seen this post somewhere else too. ;)
    Lie by omission.

Jul 15, 2007, 09:17 PM
    Lie by omission.
    Not technically a lie, if they're like me and someone else, it's more of a "this is how i feel either way" thing... and probalby didn't even know ti was THAT big of a difference when referign to that thought anyway...
    Expert

Jul 15, 2007, 09:41 PM
    Young females love the attention of older guys and know exactly what they're doing, and you had better wise up to that fact, before you get caught up in a young girls BS.

Jul 15, 2007, 09:48 PM
    Young females love the attention of older guys and know exactly what they're doing, and you had better wise up to that fact, before you get caught up in a young girls BS.
    This, I have to admit, I have nothing on either side... other than what you ay is true. Something to consider, that's for sure. Just one thing, always weigh all the issues, outcomes, and possibilities, good and bad. Everythign has two sides. However, talaniman has a good point here.
    spectoryan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2007, 08:21 PM
    IM 26 and I hope to god that my girl friend hasn't been liying to me if she's 16 cause if she's 18 it's OK but if she has been lying to me and she is 16 I could go to jail if she is 16 and we had sex I hope to god that girls and guys don't lie about age because there is a Law stating that if people aren't leagaly old enough to have sex that they can't get into big trouble... and anyone reading this maybe in different countries it's OK but not in the United States is it all legal for a girl or guy under 18 to have sex at all period! So unless you want to go to jail and spend time in the slammer forget about it!
    chris28 Posts: 240, Reputation: 3

Oct 12, 2007, 08:31 AM
    I can tell you I was in something similar 9 years ago and I would advise against it. Not only is someone at that age emotoinaly unstable they have not a clue what they want at 20 u might be the same but you def have a better idea of life and relationships... at 16 no one wants to really be serious and if you are eventually one of you are going to start with the what iff, could be another guy she wants to try maybee you want someone older who knows I just think it's a waste of time plus could be jail time forget it!
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2007, 09:26 AM
    Unless you like the prospect of sharing a jail cell with a big homosexual brute with a thing for prison raping young guys I'd strongly advise against it.

Basically because in many states that's statutory rape.
    Kaege Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2008, 05:25 PM
    I think that's perfectly fine.
    If her parents are okay with it and nothing promiscuous occurse, then I see no problem.

I say go for it, and I hope you two are happy together.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 12, 2008, 04:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaege
    I think that's perfectly fine.
    If her parents are okay with it and nothing promiscuous occurse, then I see no problem.

I say go for it, and I hope you two are happy together.
    Depends on what country he lives in. Here in the USA in most states that is considered statutory rape and carries a jail sentence. And no a 16 year old girl can't "Consent" legally.
    xsoftballchicka Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2009, 11:25 PM
    Age is matter of feeling not years. Therefor if you care about her that's all that matters. As long as your trusting with her, and she is with you. Yep mhm!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

"Dark Age" or "Golden Age" of Human Existence? [ 3 Answers ]

History shows us over and over that all great civilizations eventually come to an end. It stands then that our Civilization (as we know it) will come to an end sometime as well. Do you think the world is slipping into a "Dark Age", or are we about to emerge into a "Golden Age" ? We seem to...

Age difference in relationships? [ 2 Answers ]

What should be the maximun age difference in relationships between man and a woman? Is there any boundary for the age gap in marriage?

Age Difference [ 7 Answers ]

I am 27 years old and my partner is 28 years older than me.We have been dating almost 2 years.I am really in love with him. But he is a control freak. I can't spend my time with my friends.He doesn't let me visit my parents because they live in another city.Nobody can come to my house because...

Difference [ 1 Answers ]

Please anyone tell me the difference between a Corporation and an Incorporation.

View more questions Search