Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Garden2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2011, 06:31 PM
    Should I Break-Up With My Boyfriend?
    My BF and I have been together since March 2011. I'm currently pregnant with his child. He's a single dad and never been married. He's a great guy but I'm starting to think that maybe he's just using me for his own convenience. He doesn't have a car, so whenever he needs to do something or go somewhere I would take him or pick him up to stay at my place (that's a good 1 hr round trip from my place and his). But he never pitches in to pay for the gas, just a "Thank You" that's all.

When his daughter turned 15, I gave her a birthday present (a gold necklace with pendant). When my BF had his birthday, I bought him a birthday present (a nice leather jacket). Then when I had my birthday, he didn't give me anything. No presents, no cards, not even a dinner or a movie, just a "Happy Birthday" text. And on XMAS, I gave his mom, his daughter and himself XMAS gifts but he gave me nothing at all. Just a "Merry XMAS" wish. I took him home to spend Xmas time with his family and thought that maybe he had a surprise for me at his place. But no, he got out of the car, gave me a kiss and wished me a Merry Xmas then left. That really hurt me and I cried. I don't expect him to buy me expensive gifts, but something to show me that he appreciates me would be nice. He bought a lot of nice things for his exes before me. He told me that he gave cash to his mom and daughter so that they can buy their own Xmas gifts but he wouldn't even spend anything for my birthday.

I'm starting to think that he doesn't care about me that much and that he's just taking advantage of me. I personally am starting to doubt him. I don't want to be with a cheap guy. Should I even stay with him?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 27, 2011, 11:15 AM
    He may care, but not as much as he should, or you want him too. You sure squeezed a lot into a short period, and got into this rather fast, and I don't know if you should break up or not, but since you are pregnant, you should do all you can to have a healthy child, put YOUR needs first, and protect you, and your future child from any of his shortcomings.

Seems he will be in your life, as a baby daddy, if not as a partner, friend, or lover, so expect to do more fore you and the child you carry to insure your needs are met before his are.

Regardless of whether you break up, or not, YOUR needs ARE the PRIOITY, his are not! Please don't assume he will be a good dad, make sure he is, and that starts with child support, through the courts, and not take his word for it.

PUT YOURSELF FIRST for a change, no more assuming, and presuming, or hoping he will change, for the better by giving him what he wants all the time.
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2011, 11:24 PM
    I agree. You and your baby come first.

What's the plan here? What's he have to say?

I haven't heard one thing about what he is prepared to do? Just gifts.

Now its your health and the babies one.
    Do you have family & friends? Any support?

I would make sure that he bucks up & takes responsibility. Cheap? no longer.
    Make sure you both agree now. Rather than later.

Get a lawyer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I break up with my boyfriend? [ 3 Answers ]

Okay so, me and my boyfriend have been dating for a few months. But sadly due to some legal stuff he was forced to move back to Florida (which is where he moved from) to take classes. When he finishes them he says he's moving back. And its only about a month away from him coming back, but he's been...

I need a break from my boyfriend [ 3 Answers ]

My relationship with my boyfriend of almost a year is fine. I love him. We spend equal time talking and smooching. We talk straight-faced when one of us feels wronged by the other, we argue casually and kiss afterward. We've no problem with communication. It's what women magazines would call a...

My boyfriend says he wants a break! [ 15 Answers ]

My boyfriend an I are together for 2 and a half years and some months ago someone made false accusations about me cheating on him because they wanted to break us up. He said he trusted me and he believes I didn't cheat on him but it has obviously affected him and our relationship. He keeps bringing...

Break up with boyfriend [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I'm 45 years old previously married for 15 years. I have been dating this man for 1 year & 4 months. We were seeing each other about 4 days a week. We also shared family time with his family & mine. After having such an intense & strong relationship I thought it was heading at the right...

My boyfriend wants to break up with me [ 2 Answers ]

My boy friend doesn't trust me he's jealous, he wants to break up with me because he thinks I'm not lady he's asking me to leave him in peace . I don't know what to do to make him trust me I quited smoking because he asked me too .he's accusing me that I'm prisoning him he wants his freedom. I...

View more questions Search