Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sprklnthedirt Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2011, 02:12 PM
    What should I do about my boyfriend?
    My boyfriend and I have been together for almost 7 months. Actually next week will make it 7 months on his birthday. We love each other =) Anyway, it was absolutely perfect for the first 6 months. The past few weeks have been a little shaky. A few days ago he told me that he might like another girl. He was confused. He has told me so many times he'll never break up with me and so on. This girl is his best friend's sister's friend. The day he told me, we hungout for an hour and a half when we met after school (we are 16). He was walking with this girl he might like who was walking home. I started immediately crying because I don't want to lose him. He got mad at me because the first thing I did was ask the girl her name then start crying. Sounds pathetic. But anyway for that hour and half we were arguing and I was crying the whole time. By the end he was holding me and told me we're not breaking up anytime soon. He then walked me home. Should I believe him? I don't want him to just say that to keep me from getting upset. Then the next day I was trying to tell him I want to see him more because it seems like he doesn't make as many "sacrifices" I guess you could call them to hangout as I do. I almost got him crying, but it was true and then at the end of school he told me he will text me tomorrow. (he doesn't have a phone. He either has to use a friend's or ask his mom) He texted me asking me to hangout from 3-4:30 and that would be the only other time we hungout that week except for the argument. I said I couldn't. . I was at my dad's but I'll be home early tomorrow. So he said we'll most likely hang then. He never called or texted so I texted his mom who said he is at his brother's. He never even told me so I came home early for nothing. We have also been getting into arguments more often. Should I just learn to give him space? He has been honest with me and this is my first serious relationship. It's so hard getting it right the first time. Don't know if this makes a difference but we took each other's virginity.
    ken007nielsen Posts: 288, Reputation: 211

May 9, 2011, 04:01 AM
    No you should end this relationship, he doesent feel that way about you anymore - so he's not going to be nice anymore, he's not going to return your calls - he will continue to ignore you, and maybe/if he feels he want your company he will 'hang' with you, after that your useless to him again.

When he said he might like the other girl, that should have been your exit of the relationship.
    Only thing that happens from now on is that it will go downhill, and a little after little you will loose more of you dignity until he finally dumps you!

I would stronly advice you to leave this relation, this isent a healthy relationship, and it may ruin your selfesteem!
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

May 9, 2011, 05:39 AM

You should give him all the space in the world,as in forever.

His feelings have changed and you should act accordingly and move on.

Sadly,these things happen,see it as a learning experience and take charge of your life again.

May 11, 2011, 04:29 PM
    Uhm actually it ended up being something completely different. Turns out I didn't need the advice after all. It had nothing to do with me. Yes there was that other girl but no you guys are wrong. Haha. Peace.

May 12, 2011, 12:11 AM
    I'm guessing the other girl didn't want him...
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

May 12, 2011, 11:38 AM
    The only difference that it makes that he is your cherry popper and your first real relationship is that since you are going to break up (pretty soon it seems) is going to hurt quite a bit because you have never been through it before. But you will survive, most people don't stay with their first partner and much less with their first relationship. It's going to be OK, he has told you that he has started to look elsewhere, control your emotions or you will become a burden to him more than anything. Yes, give him his space, but more than him getting his space, use this space to start healing from this, which is going to take sometime, I would recommend to stop conversation with him and stop allowing him to be with you out of pity. If you love him and he is asking for freedom, grant it!

Good Luck,
    Javi
    southamerica Posts: 667, Reputation: 400

May 12, 2011, 11:46 AM

Ah the fickle nature of the 16 year old boy.

Can't say I miss it!

May 12, 2011, 05:37 PM
    Haha no sorry. Actually he lost someone close to him and didn't tell me at first which affected him greatly. Since he told me we have both been working on the arguing **** and it's going just fine. You can't just say we're going to break up anyway so why not do it now. No, that's not right you see. You probably can't tell me that you've been in a relationship and NEVER looked at another guy/girl even a little as more than a friend. Even if it meant nothing to you. If you all end up being right I'll let you know mmmkay? Thank you anyway though =) I can understand why you guys said what you did.

May 12, 2011, 05:37 PM
    Comment on southamerica's post
    Hey it's going to happen anyway =)

May 12, 2011, 05:38 PM
    Comment on ken007nielsen's post
    Oh and the other girl? She likes him.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 12, 2011, 05:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sprklnthedirt View Post
    Don't know if this makes a difference but we took each other's virginity.
    And how long ago did this happen?

May 13, 2011, 02:01 AM
    Don't get us wrong, we hope you succed.

But if a guy tells you he likes someone else at that age, it means he was looking for a way out. So just be cautious.

Best of luck to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend mom told me today that my boyfriend was molested as a child [ 4 Answers ]

She asked me to keep it to myself till he tells me one day, we both started to cry, and she feels angry because she didn't know, and if she could, would want to file a late rape charge. It hurts, and I wish he could tell me, and know that I love him no matter what. He recently about 4 months...

Does my Boyfriend love me Is my boyfriend a gold digger he lives thirty minutes away. [ 5 Answers ]

Okay. Before I met this guy I was in a relationship with a guy who I was with for almost a year until we broke up on oct 9th 2010 then I met this guy name lawrence on oct 12th 2010 he approached me on Facebook I was very doubtful of me and him starting a relationship since I just got my...

Confused feelings about current boyfriend,ex boyfriend [ 27 Answers ]

Okay background story, My ex and I dated for a little over 2 years, I loved him so much and he was faithful and good to me. The problem was that he wasn't as outgoing in a sense as I was, and he wouldn't take me out, I mean he took me out every weekend, but it wasn't to do like new stuff, stuff...

View more questions Search