Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mr.man Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2011, 12:11 AM
    If my wife cheated on me and she divorces me am I committing adultry
    If my wife cheated on me and she files for a divorce against me and begins to live with another man.being that she cheated 1st Am I able to remarry if I slept with someone before the divorce was final.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Mar 14, 2011, 12:28 AM

Relationship with any one other than spouse = cheating.

Who cheats first means nothing other than they were quicker out of the gate.

The day the divorce is final you go
    from adultry, to fornication.

I hope this helps
    Mr.man Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2011, 07:50 PM
    Comment on martinizing2's post
    It kind of does I never slept with anyone other than her until she moved another man in
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 14, 2011, 07:56 PM

You are still not free legally or morally to sleep or be with someone else, since you are still married

You can remarry only after the divorce is final
    Poker5CardDraw Posts: 2, Reputation: -1

May 2, 2011, 10:30 PM
    It is still wrong as long as you are married to sleep with another person. As far as the bible states.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

May 3, 2011, 07:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.man View Post
    ... Am I able to remarry if I slept with someone before the divorce was final.
    Yes. If you were to commit adultery too, that would't bar you from getting re-married.

Quote Originally Posted by Poker5CardDraw View Post
    It is still wrong as long as you are married to sleep with another person. As far as the bible states.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    The question is a legal one, not a religious one.
    And I don't know that the Bible actually says that anyway. Abraham, for example, is not criticized for having a child with Hagai. David is not criticized for having multiple wives, merely for taking another man's wife.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What should a man do if his wife has a gambling and adultry addiction. [ 10 Answers ]

Well here is the situation My spouse has been gambling for approximately 3 yearts consistently 5-6 nights a week. We would arugue mostly about it she attributes it to my own infidelity although I did ask her to leave before I went out with any one else. I predicted that she would began using drugs...

My wife cheated. [ 6 Answers ]

I Found out my wife was cheating on me. She was call this guy when I was at work or at night when I was alsleep. She keeps on telling me that they were only friends and that nothing happen. I don't know what to do and confused.

My wife cheated on me [ 22 Answers ]

I have been married 17 years and my wife has cheated on me 3 times (that I know of). The last time was 5 years ago and she has never really apologized for doing any of it. I know that she loves me but for some reason, it is becoming harder to coninue staying in love with her. Can anyone offer some...

My Wife Cheated on Me [ 9 Answers ]

Hi everyone I am quite new to this site anyway here goes my wife always likes to go out with her mates on the drink which I don't mind as the way I see it there is got to be trust in a marrige well what can I say my mother in law does not like me one bit well my wife went out on the drink and her...

Immigrant wife divorces and moves back [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and I want to divorce. We have been living in California for 15 years. She wants to move back to Indonesia. We have a kid and he would see her during his summer vacation for a couple months. Questions: How does she pay taxes on spousal support while living in another country? How is...

View more questions Search