Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nathan62 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2011, 05:35 PM
    Girlfriend broke up with me
    Recently my girlfriend of 4 years broke up with me, we are both 19 and were together through most of high school. She said that she wanted to figure out what life was like without a significant other, alone and mature and grow up. I've tried to talk to her and tell her to let me go but she continues to say that she doesn't know if things will work out in the future. Its just really frusturating because, I do love this girl and I know she loves me but she is overthinking everything and our former relationship is suffering even more. She is so set in her decision and has no way of changing it. I don't want to wait for her, but she won't let me go either no matter how many times I ask her to. I'm not going to ask if I should wait for her, because I'm not going to. I just want to know if what she is telling me makes any sense because it doesn't in my mind. I believe that if your in love, you would want to be with that person.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 4, 2011, 06:02 PM

You have a lot to learn about love, and you will find us humans can love what we had, but love something else more. I don't understand what you mean about being broken up, but she won't let you go. Hey if she dumped YOU, then let HER go, and start doing your own thing.

Sometimes they still love us, but not enough to stay together, because right now she is faced with a whole world to explore and find her place, BEFORE she settles down with one guy, and I can understand you being her only world all her youth so far.
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2011, 09:47 PM
    For starters, the reason why she won't change her mind is because after being with you for four years and getting used to being with you for four years, it makes it extremely difficult for her to make the decision to break up with you, but difficult or not, the decision has been made. You two are both young and there is A LOT to experience out there. She has had a good time with you but she is now done, and wants to try new things in life especially if she wants to go to college. Also, take this chance to enjoy yourself, now that you are "free" exploit it! ;) Just keep yourself busy and sooner than you think you will start to get over her, don't talk to her to let her know that her decision was final and that you are respecting her decision, and go do your own thing. Also, it may take a while, but you will enjoy being single again in due time, and at some point, you will meet someone better than the last girlfriend and get to experience a lot of new things.

Good luck,

Javi
    Nathan62 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2011, 10:39 PM

But, why would she be saying that she wants to work things out in the future? I've asked her to stop saying it a thousand times because it just hurts me more but she won't. It feels like she is putting me up on lay way... I've read questions on here so many times, and people are so quick to jump the gun and say move on. Well, moving on isn't always the best solution, you could miss out on something if you move on.

Is there any chance of us getting back together or am I wasting my time? As I said.. I'm not waiting around for her, but I would like things to fix in the future. And I think giving it time has a shot at fixing things, but I'm obviously biased. I'm not really in a position to meet new girls right now, as I don't a car and I live in a small town.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Mar 5, 2011, 03:38 AM

Hoping to fix things in the future sounds like you're about to put your life on hold,waiting for her to change her mind.

Bad move in my opinion-a better move would be to get on with your own life and actually go no contact with her-that would save you a lot of confusion.

Breakups hurt,but we get over them.

Every relationship is a learning experience.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Girlfriend broke up with me... [ 5 Answers ]

Okay my girlfriend broke up with me because although we LOVE each other so much, She will be going to college soon which is pretty far. She still has strong feelings for me, but at the same time she doesn't want to be in a long distance relationship because she said it never worked for her. She's...

Just broke with my girlfriend... [ 4 Answers ]

Well I just broke up with my girlfriend of 4 1/2 years and moved out like two weeks ago. We have had a lot of problems over the years. When we broke up she threw out all of the pictures of us like the next day and acts like she is so much happier without me anyway. I still love her and miss her but...

New to this. My girlfriend broke up with me and I need serious help! Please! [ 9 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, I had been browsing the web looking for advice and I found this site to be quite helpful. So, I decided to give it a try hoping that you could help me. My girlfriend of almost 2 years just broke up with me about 2 weeks ago and I am having a very hard time dealing with it. If...

My girlfriend broke up with me [ 4 Answers ]

Well 1st of all we were together for 15 months, me and my girlfriend for a middle frame about 3 months around the 8th month were going through ups and downs, and we got through it and continued our relationship. The reasons we had ups and downs was because one of her friends was lying to her saying...

Girlfriend Broke up with me. [ 5 Answers ]

I know I'm new to the site but I definitely would appreciate any insight on my relationship. So me and my ex were together ten months and during the six months we were really happy together then she got accepted into a college that was 4 hours away during the end of the six month. Things were hard...

View more questions Search