Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bella1983 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2011, 06:06 AM
    How do I stop talking stupdily?
    How do I stop asking stupid questions? I'm thinking all crazy and doing stupid things like not checking with my fiancée about wedding stuff. Am I being too self absorbed? How do I know when what I'm doing or right?
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2011, 06:12 AM

Your getting married, congrats!

It can be quite a stressful time, put aside time in the evening where you can both discuss what you want and sticking to the budget, its easy to go over if your not watching it or if your making decisions on your own.

Draw up a list of what needs to be done,who you need to see and talk to, also, who is doing what.

Its easy to get carried away with all the excitement, but doing it together takes the stress away and adds the fun into getting plans in place.

Communication is vital to avoid disagreements, try and find the compromise and you may have to let go of something to stick to the all important budget.

What kind of stupid questions ( that really is a terrible word), no such thing as a stupid question.

Feb 5, 2011, 06:21 AM
    Comment on redhed35's post
    Hi well I use the word stupid as it was said to me by my fiancée during our arguments. I asked him if he wanted to know who I chose for hair & make up and he replied with: "that's a stupid question to ask"
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 5, 2011, 06:45 AM

When it comes to the bride stuff, your fiancé doesn't give a hoot (as you found out). He just wants your hair to be clean and combed, and you with clothes on, showing up at the right time.

Ask him which things he wants to definitely be part of -- decisions about liquor, what meat to serve at the reception, if the men will wear tuxes and good rental places (so he doesn't have to think too hard). He wants to think about the fun, guy stuff and none of the girly stuff.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Feb 5, 2011, 06:52 AM

Bachelor Party stuff will not be stupid to him I bet.

Hair and dresses are not even required according to most men, in fact no dresses will probably be a hit in the bachelors book.

Most men really do not care about the trappings, it's what's inside that counts.

Feb 5, 2011, 04:47 PM
    Well he actually wants to be involved in everything. From what colour the bridesmaid dresses are to what type of flower. He wants to be involved so I ask his opinion and he answers with:"what ever don't care" yet he gives me this speech about choosing together. He believes it's his wedding too and wants a say as well. I'm not choosing the honeymoon or transport he is, he said "leave it to me" so not to start an arguments I did.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 5, 2011, 10:19 PM

He asked for it, and you are giving it to him. He should be more careful what he asked for. He will learn, but you have to understand he is a guy for crissake, what the freak would he know about a wedding?? He hasn't a clue does he? Go ahead its okay to admit it?
    CarrotTalker Posts: 392, Reputation: 189

Feb 5, 2011, 10:35 PM

You should tell him straight out, "You asked me to be involved and make decisions about the wedding together, don't tell me a question is stupid when you asked to be kept in the loop".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why did this guy stop talking to me? [ 7 Answers ]

I've been talking to the same guy from about a month. We met at a party and started texting. A couple weeks later, we hung out and went to dinner. After that he told me he really liked me and wanted to hang out again. He told me to pick something to do this time since he picked dinner the first...

Why did she stop talking and then seem interested again? [ 2 Answers ]

So I really like my neighbor. When I first moved in I didn't notice her but it was winter and I wasn't outside much. Now that it's getting warmer out I've been out a lot more and noticed her. She is really pretty. To be honest that was one of the things that first brought her to my attention. That...

I keep sleep talking I need to stop! [ 1 Answers ]

(I don't know which catorgory this comes under but I am a teen) Most of the time I fall asleep on my sofa at night with my family in the room. But in the morning I wake up and they will say that I was screaming and talking again. Two nights ago I got up and started walking around looking for...

Why did he just stop talking to me [ 4 Answers ]

OK, so my mom had a best friend who recently passed away from cancer... we were close with their family... I haven't seen their family in a while but I would always talk to her son threw myspace.. I guess u could say I like/liked him but I don't know... he got a g/f and wouldn't talk to me...

How to get your parents to stop talking to you? [ 7 Answers ]

How do you deal with parents that have a negative impact on you? All they do is show their disappointment. Compare me to different people and tell me I'm no good. Worse than all these people. They manage to do all these things... what have you achieved? Nothing. You such a waste. And so on. That...

View more questions Search