Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brit120 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2007, 11:56 AM
    Insecure
    Me and my boyfriend have been dating for three years but I am really scared of losing him. I always ask him if he really loves me and I get jelous if he talks to another girl. What can I do to try to change.:( :confused:
    theba Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2007, 01:26 PM
    Hmmmm, Im in the same situation except I'm a guy.
    Do you have any particular reason to feel this way?
    MISSIBAYBE Posts: 72, Reputation: 5

Jan 12, 2007, 03:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by brit120
    me and my bf have been dating for three years but i am really scared of losing him. i always ask him if he really loves me and i get jelous if he talks to another girl. what can i do to try to change.:( :confused:
    This feeling of jealousy and loss of confidence happens after you've been with someone for a while. You start to realize that there are beautiful girls whom can steal him away from you. My advice is to maintain your cool. Always look your best so that if he ever left you, at least you'll know that you still look gorgeous, and you did your best to make it work, and he lost a good thing. Do things to keep you both growing in the same direction and happy. Compromise, be loyal, trust each other, and have fun!! Keep your girlfriends around to talk to and make sure to spend some time with just the girls!! It's not bad being single either so don't be scared of that thought! You can ask your man everyday and he'll always say yes, he loves you. Believe him!! But as long as you love yourself, and have done your best to make him happy, there's not much you can do if the love dies. It's normal to feel attracted to eople. You know you do it too! As long as you don't touch, you're in the clear! Be confident and true to yourself!! ;) :o
    ashley90392 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Feb 8, 2009, 05:43 PM

I'm going through the same situation, but my boyfriend is moving away next year to go to college. Now, my worry of losing him is even worse. But, I just think.. if he cheats on me or goes with another girl, he's not worth having me anyway. I don't want a guy I can't trust my whole life. And just think, he's probably worrying the same about you. He's probably really scared you're going to meet some new hot boy and like him more.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2009, 06:42 PM

First, how old are you?

Secondly, has your boyfriend ever cheated on you or have any boyfriend ever cheated on you?

Lastly, it is good that you recongnize your problems with trust and your insecurities because admitting to it is your first step. Being jealous and insecure is a relationship killer and if you hadn't been given any reasons by your boyfriend that he is stepping out the relationship why worry? Your been together already for 3 years so what is going on? I hope you aren't letting this relationship consume you and I hope you've a life outside of it.

Me and my fiancé have friends of the opposite sex. Me and my fiancé would comment on someone of the opposite when we'll together without getting jealous.

Again, if your given any reason to be supicious than it is a self-esteem issue. You've to build your inner self up and that starts with confidence. They've many self help books for person growth and you can Google some sites.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why are we MEn sensative, clingy, needy and insecure? [ 18 Answers ]

Why is it when I meet girls or talk to girls they end up rejecting me... They say at first that I'm attractive.. but after a while they stop calling... why do I find the need to get self-assurance from women.. why do I try to sound lovable, sensitive, understanding? Why Can I not bare rejection...

Am I being insecure, or am I the problem here? [ 7 Answers ]

Kay, I've been going out with my girlfriend for 2 months now. Last night was her birthday party in which I got to meet most of her friends at once (joy) :( I met about 20 people that night, got really drunk, at first I felt things were going pretty well, but by the middle of it, people...

How should I deal with my jealous,insecure hubby? [ 10 Answers ]

I have been with my husband almost 7 years now. We have one son who is 3. The problem is my husband is very, very moody, jealous, insecure and disrespectful. Probably wondering why I even bother to try and save our relationship. Well, all I can say is it is not bad all the time and he really...

My husband is an insecure jerk [ 5 Answers ]

I am 22-years-old and just had my second child six weeks ago (my first is 19 months). I have had problems with depression for almost ten years, and had been taking antidepressants for two years before I got pregnant last March and I stopped cold turkey because I thought I didn't need them anymore....

Can't get rid of these insecure feelings [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together for almost four years. Since last year we've been going through this rough patch. Earlier this year he was acting as if he liked this girl. It's really complicated because she's my friend but he gets on better with girls than guys so he has more female friends...

View more questions Search