Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    powkick09 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2010, 10:12 PM
    Me and my girlfriend are on a break in our relationship. Will everything be okay?
    A few weeks ago me and my girlfriend went on a break from our relationship. I didn't really expect it as she just came out one day saying how she needed time to herself. I am in a band that is growing in popularity and will have the opportunity in the near future to tour and everything. She says she doesn't know if she wants to be a "band gf" because I will not be their for her to come home to and have a "normal" life with. She says up until this point she feels as if the relationship has been working towards my dream and not her own of becoming a lawyer. I offered to opt out of the band and continue school to gain a career job, but that was no quick fix. She says that everything will be okay and that this is not the end. That she still loves me very much etc. She says she needs a few weeks to a month to help clear her head and decide what to do.

Were doing the no contact rule now.

CarrotTalker Posts: 392, Reputation: 189

Dec 27, 2010, 10:30 PM

It sounds like she gave a pretty straight forward no-nonsense answer. Be thankful for that, a lot of people here don't.

Your best bet is to simply keep living your life for the next month and see how things progress with her.

You really have to ask yourself though, do you want to change your career/life choice for this girl? It sounds like you might have to give up being in the band. What about that is preventing her from becoming a lawyer?

It's also a strange sign when she asks for a break, instead of trying to talk things through with you, it might be a way of letting you down slowly/easily. No one can tell but time.
    srimira Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2010, 11:35 PM
    Give her some time to think about it...
    But make sure that she is clear in what the decision she is about to take,.
    She should not be half minded. Talk to her that you will spend time with her. Also think about your carrier. If you think is something really honest in her reason think if you can adjust for her or you can go on with your higher studies...
    Because life is once... live with the one who care about you... do whatever you wish... non living things can't make you much happy but the living thing your girlfriend in front of you can make you so happy...
    But she should be clear if you do you are studies and get a busy traveling job, then she should understand that situation also... explain both positive and negative...
    Stay with your girlfriend...
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 28, 2010, 07:40 AM

She says she doesn't know if she wants to be a "band gf" because I will not be their for her to come home to and have a "normal" life with. She says up until this point she feels as if the relationship has been working to wards my dream and not her own of becoming a lawyer

She told you straight up what she wants, and doesn't want. Now leave her alone, to get what she wants. Let her pursue her dreams and you pursue yours. Don't complicate it see what happens. She will surely let you know when she makes up her mind, and leave her alone until then.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

7 year relationship, girlfriend likes another, is no longer attracted, wants break. [ 4 Answers ]

Hey, Been pretty rough the past few days figured I'd just cast a line out and see if there are any perspectives I haven't thought of. Anyhow, my girlfriend and I have been together for 7 years. I proposed during the summer, initial yes, subsequent rethinking then a lets wait. After that she...

Relationship break/break up [ 5 Answers ]

My ex boyfriend Mark asked for me a break a month ago so that he could figure out what he wanted in life. Also so he could date other girls. He came over last night to get his stuff. He says he still loves me he's just not sure how much. We had been together for two and a half almost 3 years...

Relationship break [ 9 Answers ]

Hi - my man and I have been dating exclusively, seeing each other when not at work-sleeping together almost every possible night - for a little over 2 years. I am 51 - he is 57. Since we began dating all hell broke loose with my youngest child who is now 19. She was living with me at the start...

Break/break up/wierd relationship [ 9 Answers ]

Here's my situation... I met an old friend from elementary school when I was camping. (we both are 18). WE went on a couple dates and started oficially going out. We dated for about a month and then she became really y, and we decided to take a break for a whille. 5 hrs later she called me and said...

Should I break it off with my girlfriend for keeping our relationship a secret. [ 1 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I are both 37, I have 3 children from a previous marriage, she has 1 daughter fron a previous relationship, and we had a child together who is now 1 year old. We lived together for the past two years, and split up two months ago because of finances and not getting along. We have...

View more questions Search