Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ilovecooking Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2007, 07:02 AM
    I called him
    My ex and I broke up about a month ago- I've called him 5 times since then- once after I received a missed call from him which actually was him accidentally dialing me from his pocket- I was really upset as this was just after an exam also which I had a really hard time studying for because of the recent breakup so I cracked and called him- needless to say it was bad. I left for asia about a week after the breakup- I didn't call him for the first week but I called him twice after that with the second time being the worst- he sounded very annoyed and kept saying "we shouldn't be talking"- all these times I begged and pleaded for him to come back- I initiated the breakup because we had been fighting a lot and he's been going through a lot personally in the past few months (getting kicked out of school, having to find new direction) and he told me that he needs to focus on himself. I did myself a favor and initiated the breakup because I don't want to be with somebody who dosen't want to be in a relationship (that was what he said- "i love you and i care and i want to be with you but i can't be in a relationship). The night we broke up- this was over the phone- the phone line accidentally cut out and i left it at that- the next morning i got 3 messages from him- so i text messaged him saying everything was okay and to take care of himself. i was told countless times by everyone- EVERYONE- not to contact him- but being relatively alone in asia was hard and i gave in (sigh). i got back from asia two days ago in the morning- and contacted him yesterday afternoon- i bought a few gifts for him in asia because when i saw them they reminded me of him and i couldn't resist- i asked him to come by and get the gifts (we live about 2 minutes apart)- but i would understand if he didn't want to- and he said okay and that he would call me back- he called back an hour later to tell me he wasn't ready to see me- that its only been a month and we need more time- we hung up feeling crappy- just as predicted. I know a few friends who stayed in contact with their exes (or even stayed living with them)- and they have friendly relationships now- i'm obviously not over it but i hope to be friends with him as i also got along very well with his friends as a group (that's how i met him)- but after reading articles on the net tonight i realize i really really really need to not call him- i've cleaned out my stuff already but i finally deleted him off my IM list and off my phone- not that that helps because i know his phone number by heart. I asked him to call me when we talked last- and he said in a sad voice- i'm not ready to- but eventually. its very weird not having him around as i've just moved back to my hometown and he lives so close- its a small town and basically everywhere there is to go is places we've been to together- i have a "rebound date" in a couple of days with a guy that i know has been attracted to me for a long time and i've been attracted to him too- i just thought my ex was "the one" and pushed this guy away on every occasion- I also realize now that getting into a relationship (physical/ emotional/ both) would be detrimental to me- it would just feel so good to have a great connection with another guy right now- it probrably won't last though. I may be young but I'm looking for something permanent- sigh. I don't know what to say if he calls- I know I need to keep busy not think about it exercise take up a new hobby etc- any other hints? Or if anyone has a way of forgetting someone's phone numbers, emails, address- please tell me?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 8, 2007, 07:59 AM
    I think you have answered your own question and honestly think you have the right answers so stay on your path and focus on yourself. I believe volunteer work will give you a very good feeling if its available but I know there is a big city near you so check it out. Getting out of self and doing for those in need will minimize your own loneliness. And you meet some great human beings.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What's it called [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new, first post. You know when you fill out a form on the internet, say you need to type your e-mail address for example. You type the first letter and you get the drop down box showing every word you ever typed starting with that letter, including every time I've misspelled my e-mail...

I can't remember what its called [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have just signed up and don't really know what I am doing but I am getting really annoyed with a film because I can't remember what its called. Althogh I think its about some kids who have these rings and when they put them together a hero (who I think is played by hulk hogan) comes to...

What was it called ? [ 1 Answers ]

Help me please... Cartoon... I remember a cartoon from 70s/80s which had a group of people including an old man with a long white beard - and each programme was a light-educational look at an historical-era. I think the theme tune was Handel's Messiah, and it used to be on ITV in the mornings....

He hasn't called me [ 7 Answers ]

I am a little confused right now, I have been talking to a guy for a month now mostly over the phone, we had only seen each other once. We were trying to get to know each other and decided to go on a date last Saturday. I believe that the date went really well, his compliments were endless and we...

View more questions Search