Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JJ con Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2007, 09:01 AM
    Right to bear arms
    I live in Ga. Is there anyway for me to get my rights back to bear arms, If I was convicted for a non violent felony
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 7, 2007, 09:13 AM
    I doubt it. You forfeited that right when you decided to break the law.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 7, 2007, 09:15 AM
    No, I am sorry but there is not. A felony is a felony in the eyes of the ATF.

My husband gets this question all the time at his job, he is a master gunsmith. So, I am sorry, but once you committed the crime you forfeited your rights.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2007, 09:57 AM
    Hello JJ:

Ohh, ho, ho, my friends - there's ALWAYS a way... They might not be cheap. But, they might be.

Have you applied yet? It doesn't look like it. Things happen. Records aren't complete... Bureaucrats are lazy... I don't know. You might be approved. Stranger things have happened.

What are you contemplating purchasing? A hand gun? A long rifle? They're not the same in the eyes of the law.

If you're turned down, there IS an appeal process. At this point, you probably should hire an attorney. He might want to appeal, or he might want to apply for a pardon. If you're pardoned, you get back ALL your rights.

There are lots and lots of options. Don't give up.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 7, 2007, 11:58 AM
    As excon said, there is legal apeals and law suits to gain back various rights you lose as a felon.

But there is no automatic process in GA. Getting them back will be the exception than a rule

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Atheist and the Bear [ 3 Answers ]

=: The Atheist and the Bear := An atheist was walking through the woods. "What majestic trees! What powerful rivers! What beautiful animals!" he said to himself. As he was walking alongside the river, he heard a rustling in the bushes behind him. He turned and saw a 7-foot grizzly ...

Right to Bear Arms [ 167 Answers ]

I am just curious about everyone's thoughts regarding the Second Amendment and the Right to Bear Arms. I am specifically curious to hear from those of you that live in countries that have been forced to give up your arms. Are there more crimes now than before? If you live in the US I am...

Can you helpbetty boop - #01 hearts & kisses bear [ 1 Answers ]

I have no idea if I'm in the right spot but I'm looking for a BETTY BOOP - #01 HEARTS & KISSES BEAR and I don't know where I can get one from australia. So if they is someone who has been to Australia or lives in Australia and know a store (that you can walk into not an online store where I can...

View more questions Search