Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mscassandra Posts: 20, Reputation: 3

Dec 28, 2006, 11:28 PM
    chronic nightmares and pains
    Hi my names Cassandra and I've wanted to ask a doctor about this but I dislike my doctor and am too scared to talk to anyone else about it. Im 17 and ever since I've been little I've been having nightmares, sometimes when I'm awake but not night terrors, I'm literally awake and remember everything. Sometimes I feel and see things like spiders crawling everywhere in bed and I try to get up or scream and I cant. That has gone away till about this year, now I will be dreaming about something normal and just randomly see a dead persons face, and I wake up, its no one I know, and I can't sleep for days after that because I can't get the imagine out of my head. I also have been getting more fears, I have a phobia of the dark that has now gotten worse, I can't sleep even when the light is on. I get horrible nightmares at least 3 times a weak, I tried everything even sleeping pills but the nightmares get worse. They used to not bother me as much but now they wake me up and I wake up crying, they feel real. I got this dream that I was running after this car and I felt like I was running for hours, then there's was a huge car crash and the guy got out of the car and helped the other lady who was fine, but I was burning alive, I don't know why , I wasn't in a car, but my skin just felt like it was burning and I was dying but no one could see me.

Ive always been getting horrible head aches, stomach pains, that I've had since I was 12. I went to the doctors and he made me go get a lactose intolerant tests. And I came back fine. But now I'm just scared of everything... highs,bugs,the dark, being home alone even in the day. I just want it to stop.
    somewhat_41 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2006, 12:41 AM
    Anxiety problems?

Dec 29, 2006, 12:53 AM
    I thought about that and even read that up. But I don't have haft the symptoms that comes with anxiety.
    somewhat_41 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2006, 01:03 AM
    Well I have anxiety problems and it makes me worry uncontrollably. Mostly about stupid little things but I look at the big picture instead of the moment. So then I play it out in my mind and If a possibility of a fire could happen I am VERY cautious. Ect. Caz as reading in your other post you said its been stressful with your boyfriend etc. And I would believe that might lead to the nightmares. One other thing is that you might think you have done something bad or actually done something bad/hurtful etc and that is your conscience telling you that. All I can say to cure that is to give and to help others.

Dec 29, 2006, 07:37 AM
    Ive had them for years, they've just been getting worse. I used to suffer from depression but I've gotten over that, and I did think I had anxiety but I didn't think it could be this bad. What can you do for anxiety? Like is there a treament?
    tamed Posts: 255, Reputation: 33

Dec 29, 2006, 10:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mscassandra
    Ive had them for years, theyve just been getting worse. I used to suffer from depression but ive gotten over that, and i did think i had anxiety but i didnt think it could be this bad. What can you do for anxiety? Like is there a treament?
    For some strange reason I'm getting the urge to suggest psychoanalysis (a form of therapy) to you as your issues sound like they may be in your subconscious. Unfortunately, it is a lengthy process but it is worthwhile. I suggest this process because of your nightmares and psychoanalysis is still one of the most effective methods of dealing with dreams and other related incidents. This is based entirely on what you have just posted, also because of your age and history of depression.
    GracieTanner Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2006, 07:45 AM
    Hi, I am 17 years old and have experienced something very close to what you speak of. A few months ago, I woke up and saw a shining key in my bedroom and tried to grab it. I was screaming at this stage, my family ran into the room and told me there was nothing there but I could see it. It was very scary and incredibly real. I spoke to my psychology teacher about it and he told me that it could be caused by extreme stress. The other explanation a biology teacher offered was the fact that I was in year 12 and was learning a lot and that new connections are being made in the brain and that these can faulter and cause these events. Eitherway, I've stopped experiencing them now. Hopefully that helped ;)
    jrussole Posts: 163, Reputation: 12
    -

Dec 30, 2006, 08:28 AM
    mscassandra, anxiety and depression go hand in hand with each other. Many people who experience depression at some stages of their lives have repeated episodes. And many acquire disorders of anxiety with depression and require treatment and or as Tamed put it psychoanalysis. It is best to discuss these concerns with a Mental Health Professional. While you do not trust your MD, you will need to find another one. Are you on medication? It maybe either ineffective and or causing the problems that you are experiencing. I would call the clinic and see if this maybe the case.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chronic Headaches [ 1 Answers ]

What do you suggest to help a teenager who has a headache all the time, she is 17 now and has had headaches since puberty. Some times they are severe and other days milder but they are ALWAYS there.

Growing pains? [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone remind me what the growing pains feel like. I am having dull aches on my left side. Occasionally it switches to the right, but mainly on the left. From what I can remember, this happened the first time too, but I also remember that I didn't drink enough water a lot too, so I had cramps...

Chronic nightmares [ 24 Answers ]

I was diagnosed with PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) 8 years ago, after witnessing a shooting in my family. I used to have very dehabilitating symptoms and wasn't able to go to school or work, but after years of intensive treatments I've improved dramatically. However, I still have constant,...

Ovulating pains [ 3 Answers ]

My last question related to the change in my period now that I'm trying to get pregnant. I'm not sure if this is normal but I have had my period on the 19th of march which was 2 days late. I have read stuff that says you ovulate 12 - 14 days after your period, which would be around the 30th. It is...

Odd pains [ 3 Answers ]

I am 18 and I have never had this kind of pain, I am getting cramps like about to start my period but if I did it would be two and a half weeks early, and I am getting sharp pains in my vagina. Im not pregnant, because I am a virgin. So I want to ask what these pains are.

View more questions Search